1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
236 Posts
I wonder why they didn't go with the Vision? I think they look bad ass just figured the Vision would be more practical for police work.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder why they didn't go with the Vision? I think they look bad ass just figured the Vision would be more practical for police work.
The XC has much more capacity in the side cases, one thing. Anyone else care to chime in with why the XC is a better choice?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I was in Halifax this spring and they had 3 police bikes ready for delivery on the showroom floor my daughter just had to hit the siren. They looked good

·
Registered
146 Posts
I read a few more articles and the general theme seems to be disappointed local residents and retailers complaining that the bikes were purchased across the border. But I can't help but think that this is their own doing for not selling these bikes anywhere on Vancouver Island. Plus our retailers still don't seem to understand that the Canadian Dollar is worth nearly as much as the US Dollar (Today from RBC: $1CAD = $.9850USD) so asking as much as 25% more for a product here is driving their customers south. Congratulations Victoria PD, you shopped around and bought the best product for the job at the best price.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The XC has much more capacity in the side cases, one thing. Anyone else care to chime in with why the XC is a better choice?
You don't need to look any further than all the sirens and lights (as well as storage capacity) to know why the XC could the be the only practical choice for a police bike. We have several communities here in Florida that have gone to Victory...all of them XC's for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You don't need to look any further than all the sirens and lights (as well as storage capacity) to know why the XC could the be the only practical choice for a police bike. We have several communities here in Florida that have gone to Victory...all of them XC's for obvious reasons.
Yep, they can put a fully loaded M4 in the side bags.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yea I see what you mean, I just watched some victory police MC videos that were pretty impressive. I didn't realize how sharp a XC can turn I also think I underestimated the skill of some riders on one.thumb up And they look so bad ass too.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
So far, I've had two people come up to me and ask if I was a motor-cop riding off-duty on a service bike. I politely explained I wasn't LE, but that there are many cities and towns that have the same model in service as a motor-cop bike.

Each person who asked weren't riders.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts