Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit 6-6-2013:

*** I changed the classes from "Stock internal", to "Stock bore size" so the cammed guys don't get thrown in with the big bore stroker motors.

I will volunteer to keep this first post updated as people respond with their track times. Please provide the following information when posting updates:

- XX.XX seconds @ XXX mph
- 60' time
- Year/model of bike and list of performance mods including engine size (please note if its a stroker/big bore and what the original displacement was), exhaust, intake, and fuel controller

-Fastest 92ci with stock bore size

1. 12.18 @ 109 mph
1.68 - 60'
MUDN72: 2004 Vegas, Ness air box, Vic Stage 1 Slip-ons, PC3 with street tune

-Fastest 100ci with stock bore size

1. 11.53 @ 113
hammerstang: 2007 Hammer, Hacker pipes, Torque Tubes, S&S 495 cams, ported heads,
rev extend, stock pistons

2. 11.79 @ 110
hammerstang: 2007 Hammer, Hacker pipes, S&S intake, S&S 495 cams

3. 12.05 @ 107 mph
hammerstang: 2007 Hammer, Hacker pipes and S&S filter.

4. 12.18 @ 105 mph
1.61 - 60'
victoryvegas84: 2008 Vegas, RPW Thor 2-1, S&S intake, PC5 with custom tune.

5. 12.501 @ XXX mph
half crazy: 2006 Kingpin: SlashNess (RPW Slash) exhaust, S&S airbox, VFC II, 31 tooth front pulley.

6. 12.65 @ XXX mph
victoryvegas84: 2008 Vegas, bone stock with 500 miles on the odometer

7. 12.77 @ XXX
half crazy: 2006 Kingpin: Victory long drag pipes, stock airbox well ventilatied with a drill bit, flat panel K&N air filter, VFC II

-Fastest 106ci with stock bore size(non-touring bike)

1. 12.47 @ 107, 1.9 60'
HighBaller85: 2012 Highball, S&S intake, Hacker pipes, VPC III not mapped.

-Fastest touring bike (X bikes and vision)

1. 12.47 @ 104
kevinx: 2011 XC, cams, D&D, VFC

2. 13.06 @ 98 mph
1.79 - 60'
victoryvegas84: 2008 Vision, S1L2 slip-ons, Lloydz intake plate

-Fastest power adder bike (supercharger, Turbo, N2O, etc)

-Open class... anything goes
1. 11.63 @ XXX
half crazy: 2006 Kingpin: S&S stroker added (110"), VM-1 HP cams, Torque Tubes airbox, Bassani 2-1 short pipe

3. 11.909 @ 107, 1.831 60'
woodrow731: 2010 Vegas 8-ball, 109ci, S&S .495 cams, Torque Tubes, PCV, Variable clutch.

3. 11.96 @ XXX
half crazy: 2006 Kingpin: 2mm overbore (104"), port clean up, .495 cams, SlashNess pipes, S&S airbox, PC III

4. 11.97 @ 111
Evilive69: 2007 Kingpin: 104", S&S intake, Slashness, VFC2.

Original post 3-16-2012:
I was wondering if there is a compiled list of 1/4 mile time for various Victory configurations anywhere. A couple other forums I frequent keep an updated list of the "Top 10 fastest" for various levels of modifications, and I would be interested in seeing that for bikes like my own.

I bought my Vegas as a good compromise of cruiser and performance after outgrowing the crotch rocket scene. I like to run the 1/4 mile track occasionally and its always fun to compare similar bikes, as well as educate fellow Vic owners to how similar bikes with like mods perform to their own. Would it be possible to start a sticky thread like this? I envision it having a couple levels of modifications such as:

-Fastest 92ci with stock internals
-Fastest 100ci with stock internals
-Fastest 106ci with stock internals
-Fastest touring bike (X bikes and vision)
-Fastest power adder bike (supercharger, Turbo, N2O, etc)
-Open class... anything goes

Does this list already exist somewhere? And if not, is starting one a possibility in this section?

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Racing our daily drivers...

There can be 500 bikes in the parking lot at one of these events... but there will only be 36 or so bikes racing. Most people won't even give it a shot. They have the goodies on the bike, but it's all 'bar stool power'.

Last Victory event there were EIGHT racers. That's right, EIGHT. People are far more interested in the bike show and the beer stand.

To answer one of your questions, the quickest 100" bike was Lloydz 'little 100' that ran 10.93 (I know, I was in the other lane). Scott of Conquest Customs owns it now.

Here's George running 11.94 at 73 years of age on a 100" Vegas.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
I've run a best of 12.2 with my 04 Vegas with only a ness intake ans stage 1 slip ons.
That's crazy quick... and exactly the reason there are no Maryland Bike Fest events anymore. When a guy on his Vegas 8-Ball or Hammer runs like you do, and the owner of the Harley he spanked asks what he has in it... "Just pipes and an airbox"... The opponent naturally assumes that's a lie. After a few events like that, the Victory owners are full of sh!t and the HD dealership backs out of the events. Rumors fly that Victory sent 'ringers' to the events on factory assisted bikes to show up the Harleys in public... and that's why a Victory was the fastest qualifier in every class.

The last time the event was held the Victory Demo Truck showed up... Oh boy! That did it! The rumors MUST be true...

The local Victory dealer (Victory of Southern Maryland) still does a small event every year and ALL bikes are invited, but it's on a Test-N-Tune Sunday. While we may bring over 100 people to the track who wouldn't normally be there, like I said, only 8 people raced. Sad.

Class winners...

These events used to look like this:
http://vtwinbiker.com/BikerPhotos/MdAmerBikeFest/mdamerbikefest.html

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Original post has been updated with a the times/information I have available.

**Reply to this thread with your times and info and I'll update the list!! thumb up

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm surprised in the lack of interest in sharing 1/4 mile times. There has to be more people out there running their bikes than this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's too bad. I have had every victory I have owned to the track, and I have run other people's vics as well. There is a group that go to the track in union grove, south of milwaukee, on the bike nights. It is usually a good time. There a couple fast bikes up here. There is a 104 ci that run's high 11's @ 118 mph, a 112" that runs low 11's, a 100 ci with bags and a fairing, and I'm hoping mine will make it into the high 10's this year (all 3 of us are vegas's). I'm waiting to get it back from being dyno tuned. Went with bigger injectors and more boost.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
People are usually more interesed in the bike show and the beer stand than the drag strip.
Thats disappointing... the strong performance of Vics is what swayed a lot of the guys I know to buy one. Might as well buy a HD if all you want a bike for is to hop from bar to bar, and park at shows. :ltr:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice times... I currently am not able to edit my original post... waiting to hear back from the moderators.

·
Registered
45 Posts
11.97 @ 111 mph on a 2007 Kingpin with a 104, S&S airbox, VFC2 and Slashness pipes. I put on a RPW Thor and a PC3 so once it's dialed in I will be running it again.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i finally got to the track for the first time.i ran a 11.909 at 107.
my 60' was 1.831.now that i have some numbers i am going to get it dyno tuned.i know i am not the best rider,but some of these guy are putting down some killer numbers.makes me feel bad that i put so much money in my bike and do not run any faster.:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's pretty good for first trip to the track. The mph seems little low for the et so are u sure u went to the 1/4 mile mark. At my local track its not marked very well and alot of guys shut off early. Sounds like ur bike will run good times u get it all dialed in. I'm glad to see people taking vics to the track and enjoying them. That's what it is all about. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i assume i went to the end.i run to the boards.the fastest mph i had was 108.my take off is whats killing me i take off at what i assume is around 2000 rpm and then gas on it.i am hopeing that the dyno tune will knock a couple tenths off of it.i just have the pcv tune for a 107 with an s&s intake.i could still knock a few tenths off of my launch.i also think alot of the guys on here live up north but i could be wrong.its hot and humid in ms.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The boards at my track are at the 1000 foot mark. I'm not say that urs are the same just make sure u run to end of the track. I'm in southwest Missouri its hot and humid here too. My bike won't run its best passes till October. The track prep will also change what u run to. The track prep is ok here. I can leave at 3500 most of the time. Last year when I had stock bike except for pipes and air filter I was able to leave at to leave at 5000 when track prep was good. When it was bad I left at 3000

·
Registered
155 Posts
The boards at my track are at the 1000 foot mark. I'm not say that urs are the same just make sure u run to end of the track. I'm in southwest Missouri its hot and humid here too. My bike won't run its best passes till October. The track prep will also change what u run to. The track prep is ok here. I can leave at 3500 most of the time. Last year when I had stock bike except for pipes and air filter I was able to leave at to leave at 5000 when track prep was good. When it was bad I left at 3000
you ride the clucth out or just come off of it at 3000

1 - 20 of 52 Posts