Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am on the fence on purchasing these bars over some others out there. the description says they are 1 1/4" tubing. all the pics ive seen on the internet does not show any tapering in the area of the grips or where they mount on the risers.

are they 1 1/4" tubing all the way around or do they actually taper down so 1" grips/stock grips work and how do they fit w/ the risers?

also, everything says that if you own a 2010-11 model year you need a extended brake line and 4 new washers.

anybody w/ carnal knowledge? please chime in.....

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I would ass-u-me that the Vic branded bars would be set up to use the stock grips and controls.

Anyone here actually know for sure?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would ass-u-me that the Vic branded bars would be set up to use the stock grips and controls.

Anyone here actually know for sure?
i would to, but if you look at any of the manufacturer photos, whether on ebay or polaris sites, the bars are pictured and the same diameter throughout the whole bar. thats why i'm looking for someone who has knowledge on this.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
it all fits. you need to list what year you have. 2012 and newer have abs.
thats the difference in hose length.some with the early bikes got away
w/o changing hoses. i got 1 just for peace of mind.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the pullback bars on my 2013. The dealer installed them, but I'm certain he used the stock grips and cables. He didn't change the risers. I also don't think he changed the brake line, but my understanding is that a brake line change is necessary for a pre-2012 bike.

I love the pullback bars--I feel much more in control with them than with the stock bars.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess i'm not being clear enough.

1) are the bars tapered down to a 1 inch tube where the grips are and where the bars mount to the risers?

2) are the bars 1 1/4 inch in diameter? or are the 1 inch diameter like the stock bars that come on the bike when you purchase it new?

·
Registered
372 Posts
The original owner of my 2012 CC put on Victory pull-back bars. I don't know the exact length of pull-back nor if they are exactly what you are talking about. But they are 1" tube throughout.

Rob

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

1) are the bars tapered down to a 1 inch tube where the grips are and where the bars mount to the risers?

2) are the bars 1 1/4 inch in diameter? or are the 1 inch diameter like the stock bars that come on the bike when you purchase it new?
I don't have the Vic bars, but (and as BigBlue measured) I don't see any mention of 1 1/4" diameter in the catalog description of the 2" pullbacks for the XC/XCT. I'm looking at http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/pages/detail.aspx?ItemID=2878552(PolarisPGACatalog) . I can't recall anyone else ever even bringing this up, in 2+ years of reading this forum.

You are talking about the Victory brand bars, right, the regular pullbacks Vic offers? If you're talking about Vic's "CROSS COUNTRY MITERED HANDLEBAR BY VICTORY® MOTORCYCLES" -- http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/pages/detail.aspx?ItemID=2877752(PolarisPGACatalog) -- I have no idea whether those offer any pullback at all; the description says "Add custom styling..." The reason I bring up these bars at all is because I can see on my hi-def monitor that these have a taper-down at the clamp and grip areas (unlike the picture of the regular pullbacks, where no taper is visible).

·
Registered
54 Posts

I'm not at home to be able to measure the bars, but there is no tapering at the risers or at the grips. So if the stock bars are 1" diameter, the pullback bars are 1" diameter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not at home to be able to measure the bars, but there is no tapering at the risers or at the grips. So if the stock bars are 1" diameter, the pullback bars are 1" diameter.
Cruiser customizing.com is advertising same bars as on arlen ness site as 2" pullback with "massive 1 1/4 in. Tubing. Same stock photos as ness. Same msrp except they are on sale for 269.99

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
The Victory 2" pullback handlebars are the identical diameter as the oem Victory handlebars. They do not taper where the grips are. They simply bring the handgrips 2" closer to the rider.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok. Got. I think I got the ness 2" pull back mixed up w/ the Polaris. The ness actually need the whole wire kit where as the Polaris needs only a brake line for my 2011

·
Registered
217 Posts

I had the pull back bars installed by the dealer but I kept the originals on my 2012 CCT. The original bars are one diameter from end to end so the 2 inch pull backs will have to be too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2" Handle bars

i am on the fence on purchasing these bars over some others out there. the description says they are 1 1/4" tubing. all the pics ive seen on the internet does not show any tapering in the area of the grips or where they mount on the risers.

are they 1 1/4" tubing all the way around or do they actually taper down so 1" grips/stock grips work and how do they fit w/ the risers?

also, everything says that if you own a 2010-11 model year you need a extended brake line and 4 new washers.

anybody w/ carnal knowledge? please chime in.....
[Installed them on my 2011 XC no problem with the cables. Love the new riding position

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
2" Victory pullback bars are 1" diameter:
http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/pages/detail.aspx?ItemID=2878552(PolarisPGACatalog)

2 1/4 Victory bars are mitered and have the same pullback as your stock bars:
http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/pages/detail.aspx?ItemID=2877752(PolarisPGACatalog)

The bars on cruiser customizing are Arlen Ness part number an-v-2027
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/arlen-ness-ape-hanger-handlebar-chrome-victory-cross-country-cross-roads/part/AN-V-2027

Arlen Ness website shows these:
http://shop.arlenness.com/p-7334-cross-countrycross-roads-ape-hanger-chrome.aspx

Since these bars appear to be taller than your bars will rotate to you may need:
http://shop.arlenness.com/p-7065-ape-hanger-cable-kit.aspx

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have the 2013.. put the pull backs on my XC and everything fit without changing lines etc....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts