Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Victory and Scout Gone

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  GatorJoe 
#1 ·
Figured Best to Post here .. Long Story Short got a Very Fair Trade Value for my Victory Cross Country and Indian Scout and Now the Owner of a New 2017 Chieftain Dark Horsehttp://www.victoryforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=214122&thumb=1

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
As long as it makes you happy.

#5 ·
got a Very Fair Trade Value for my Victory Cross Country
How the hell did you make that happen...??? Most dealers scoff at Vic and won't even look at them.
I'm glad you got a bike you're happy with thumb up

Reactions: GatorJoe
#6 ·
How the hell did you make that happen...??? Most dealers scoff at Vic and won't even look at them.

I'm glad you got a bike you're happy with thumb up

Believe me took some doing.. Most Dealers and even a few Private Owners that knew my Bike ran well wanted no part of 12 XC with 80K on it .. So far Happy with it but only 400 Miles on it .. Time will Tell..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
With things as they are Joe; I bet a lot of people would be interested in knowing a ball park number on how much you got for trade in on the 12 XC, the Scout, and if you paid full price for the new one.

I think folks are wanting to know what they might expect if they are given a fair trade in amount. Who knows; it might sway some to stay with Polaris even after what they did.

You got your money's worth out of your XC for sure and we all know it will likely go another 80k or more before needing a rebuild.

#9 ·
Well Both these Bikes were not unknown to the Dealership in Ocala I have nearly triple into them what actually got in Trade for them but my Victory Got $7,500 and My Scout got $6,000 which really Hurt with all the Upgrades had almost 18K in it .. But you can get New Ones ( with incentives ) for 9,000 and most people don't give a damn what you spent on Power, Comfort, and Looks .. But Plainly Speaking I never totally trusted the Scout after the Engine Rebuild and with my Income it was Do it Now or Keep your Rides Forever .. This was over Double what anyone else offered me in Trade ... Those that Offered a Trade that is, Many Dealerships just said Not Interested ..

#12 ·
Congratulations and all the best to you Joe. I hope the Polaris Indian turns out to be everything you're looking for in a motorcycle.

Reactions: GatorJoe
#16 ·
a motorcyclist you are

joe i like you enjoy personalizing + upgrading my bikes to suit me, do similar with my cages! come trade or sell time we take a loss but while we own them our upgrades make riding more enjoyable, prolly still too early with the new HD engines to see how reliable they really are, lots of extended warranties are noted on HD forums, again good luck!

#17 ·
joe i like you enjoy personalizing + upgrading my bikes to suit me, do similar with my cages! come trade or sell time we take a loss but while we own them our upgrades make riding more enjoyable, probably still too early with the new HD engines to see how reliable they really are, lots of extended warranties are noted on HD forums, again good luck!
Thanks will still check in now and then, having close 100,000 Great Miles between my XC and KP still feel can enjoy this Forum and Maybe even Contribute Now and then .. As far as the New HD 107 M8 I think it will be a Great Improvement but may have a few flaws in it yet being the new Kid on the Block .. My Dyna is 12 Years old but Keeping that one even if it Blows Up no problem getting parts for that one including a Brand New Engine for it sitting in Stock ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.