Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
6,385 Posts
I wouldn't put much faith in larger discounts.

The text reads:
"Accessories and apparel are no longer available for purchase online. To purchase accessories and apparel, please find and visit your local dealer. For questions regarding the purchase of accessories and apparel at dealerships please contact Customer Service at 877-737-7172.

Victory Motorcycle® parts and service items will continue to be available for online purchase."

Attachments

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
There are 4.3 million here in the valley with one dealer still in operation that employs one mechanic.

Recall forgetaboutit

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Every time I see that ad in Broggy's post #2, I get piss'd. It demonstrates, all too well, that Polaris had no idea how to market their Victory line or who their clientele was. Grrr.

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Polaris sucks plain and simple. Do not buy a Indian. I thought they would give me a good trade in value for my Victory. That was a joke. Plus Indians are a 2 valve motor and push rod motor. They are a regression from a Victory motor. They stepped back not forward with the Indian and want more money. Buy a Harley Davidson. Their new motor is assume.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
There are 4.3 million here in the valley with one dealer still in operation that employs one mechanic.

Recall forgetaboutit
Of course the area's population is irrelevant compared to the number of Victory motorcycles within the area. But I get your point and it's well made and taken. I know that when I lived in the greater Chicagoland area (8M+) and now in the greater Chattanooga area (0.8M?) I was and still am the only one on my block (or in my neighborhood) to ride a Victory.

My local dealer is about 25 miles from me. They opened as a Polaris Indian/Slingshot/Victory dealer in late 2015. Just over a year later Polaris kicked a leg off their Polaris tripod. The people who own and work their (Crockett Powersports) are great. I'll enjoy being their this weekend for the Veteran's Day ride that originates at their shop. In fact they participate in a lot of local mc events. But no sir, they won't be selling me a Polaris Indian.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
I do believe Victory of Mesa overtook Mom's as the #1 volume Victory dealer after the shutdown they were #2 but started buying up others inventory. I know that doesn't mean the bikes stayed here they probably didn't.

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Every time I see that ad in Broggy's post #2, I get piss'd. It demonstrates, all too well, that Polaris had no idea how to market their Victory line or who their clientele was. Grrr.
What?, You're too mature for burn outs... :laugh

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
What?, You're too mature for burn outs... :laugh
What? Me mature? Nah! Just too cheap to waste rubber. :devil

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
My local dealer is about 25 miles from me. They opened as a Polaris Indian/Slingshot/Victory dealer in late 2015. Just over a year later Polaris kicked a leg off their Polaris tripod. The people who own and work their (Crockett Powersports) are great. I'll enjoy being their this weekend for the Veteran's Day ride that originates at their shop. In fact they participate in a lot of local mc events. But no sir, they won't be selling me a Polaris Indian.
My situation is very similar, in that my dealer is also one of those 'Powersports' dealers that still sells Polaris, along with Honda's, some Suzuki's, and Kawasakis. So, I don't foresee having a problem with warranty work, parts, or service. Only drawback is that they are 100 miles away. The advantage to that drawback is that the back roads to get there offer some of the best riding and scenery in Southern Arizona.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
My situation is very similar, in that my dealer is also one of those 'Powersports' dealers that still sells Polaris, along with Honda's, some Suzuki's, and Kawasakis. So, I don't foresee having a problem with warranty work, parts, or service. Only drawback is that they are 100 miles away. The advantage to that drawback is that the back roads to get there offer some of the best riding and scenery in Southern Arizona.
What dealer is that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts