Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my local Victory Dealer is asking $29.95 for Victory ballcaps that the Victory website is asking $19.95. Anyone else experiencing dealers jacking up the price like that?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yep, my wife and I found a Tshirt at ours that was $36. But that's why they're called" stealerships".

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
IMHO I think that the dealerships should be trying to get branding out into the public through ball caps and t shirts at a great price.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
IMHO I think that the dealerships should be trying to get branding out into the public through ball caps and t shirts at a great price.
They should give one of each away with the purchase of a new bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My dealer gave a t shirt to me when i took delivery. Other than that the prices are higher than online but you also have to understand holding the product paying the staff to sell and ring it up light bills etc. I imagine the overhead is the deciding factor here

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree. Every other guy i see is wearing a harley shirt or hat. You would think getting the Vic name out there would help business. My local dealers pretty reasonable on shirt and hat prices. They gave me and the ol lady a helmet and shirt when i purchased my bike. Ive purchased a hat ($24.99 i think) and 2 or 3 shirts (about the same price as the hat). The jackets and other accessories are kinda high though

·
13,263 Posts
I rode harleys for thirty years and yes a few free shirts when I bought a new bike. Vic didn't have one T shirt to give me. I have over two hundred harley T shirts and I have vowed not to get into the buying game again. I would trade all my T shirts for white ones screw giving them free advertising.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I rode harleys for thirty years and yes a few free shirts when I bought a new bike. Vic didn't have one T shirt to give me. I have over two hundred harley T shirts and I have vowed not to get into the buying game again. I would trade all my T shirts for white ones screw giving them free advertising.
200 :confused:, I would say that you are addicted to the kool aid:ltr:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I got a free shirt when I bought my bike with the Dealership name on it of course. Also I bought my wife a hat there since it was the same price as on line. Seems like all of their prices on shirts and hats are the same as the online MRSP so at least they aren't jacked up.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Dealer gave me, and my dad a free hat when I bought my bike, and I get 50% off any clothing/gear purchase I want. And the girl told me that that offer was good when ever I want to use it !!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Better than $60 for an HD one. :p

·
Registered
130 Posts
Go look at the Indian (Polaris) Website and look at the quantity of gear available for the Indian jockey's. There's a real head scratcher.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah, the dealership I got my bike from ripped off the price tags from pure victory and re-stickered them with higher prices. My fiancé and I get 10% off but still, I could not believe they would do this! They give you a victory branded book of all apparel and accessories and then expect you not to notice the higher prices? Blasphemy!!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have over two hundred harley T shirts and I have vowed not to get into the buying game again. I would trade all my T shirts for white ones screw giving them free advertising.
Dude, you wouldnt have to do laundry for like 1/2 a year including oil change T's... lol.. Wear'em, toss'em...Think how much money you could save!

Im laughing at this because once I retired from the Navy, my wife asked what I was going to do with all the brown and blue T's I had aquired from two differnt uniforms... I said "wear em".. lol.. folks have grown acustom to seeing me in brown or blue Tshirts now... I think I picked that up from my Dad who always wore white T's when not at work...lol..

On a serious note, I do wish the dealers just had reasable priced, decent lookint T's. I would buy one here or there. Long sleeve riding T's for the winter, I would do that too. Even if it had the Dealer logo.. Im proud of my Vic and don't mind buying a quality product at a decent price.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well if we were sitting here talking about other brands of bikes , we would be reang the same posts, because ALL motorcycle dealers , jack their prices. Most online sites don;t have staff, heating and taxes to pay like dealers.

Jim

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well if we were sitting here talking about other brands of bikes , we would be reang the same posts, because ALL motorcycle dealers , jack their prices. Most online sites don;t have staff, heating and taxes to pay like dealers.

Jim
I agree 100% with you, but i feel that we should get half off after spending 10's of thousands of dollars there.

Just my opinion. :)

Ok, maybe 25% would do lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts