Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious why the Victory Australia website still looks live and has a Ride Away price on a new Octane. The website is here: Victory Motorcycles | Australia

There is a banner on the AU homepage that cycles between the Octane offer and the 'announcement'. Though I'm still surprised it shows all the Victory motorcycles and accessories. When you click on the Apparel menu some Polaris Indian stuff shows up.

The USA Victory website has no such listings for bikes, accessories and apparel. It's more or less a site to see who may still be a servicing dealer as well as a parts and recall look up. The USA site is here: Victory Motorcycles

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
It's Indian, look around and see not Victory.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not on the links I posted and just tried again to verify. The Australia link is Victory Motorcycles Australia. All the Victory motorcycle models come up under Motorcycles and Victory Accessories come up under Accessories. Under Apparel, yes, like I posted, Polaris Indian apparel comes up. That's how they come up on my phone, iPad and laptop anyway.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I checked out the Victory Link and it indeed is Victory Motorcycles. On the home page if you read the important announcement on the second scrolling picture it is Polaris' letter indicating the ending of Victory Motorcycle production. My guess is the many of the remaining bikes made in the USA were shipped to Australia. What I was told by a well know Victory mechanic was that Victory wanted to quickly get rid of any remaining bikes in the US to start the time running on the 10 year parts clock. If it took years to sell the remaining bikes the parts clock wouldn't start until the last bike was sold forcing Polaris to make parts even longer. Maybe Australia has different laws related to parts sales that Polaris found more favorable then the US laws.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree, my first thoughts included the laws are likely much different in Australia regarding a manufacturer killing a brand as well. That and the laws governing US Victory Motorcycles websites likely give Polaris more control compared to an importing company in Australia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts