Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I bought a backrest from someone on this forum. It doesn't look like a backrest was ever attached to it. So my question is, if I want to put one on it, does the recall mean that I can't put one on now? Incidentally, I got three identical recall notices, all for the back rest.

i would go ahead and put it on and use it i use mine every day and when they start changeing them out next year have it replace with the new one just my 2ctw

Polaris, Yamaha issue recalls

Powersports Business
Tuesday July 12, 2011

...Polaris has also recalled 1,688 Victory motorcycles. The accessory backrest support can separate from 2006-11 Jackpots with backrests and 2004-11 Kingpins with double backrests, possibly causing the passenger to be injured or fall from the bike. Victory is notifying owners, and dealers are expected to begin replacing the seats on or before Aug. 30...

Other sources note that it is part number 2876641-01 and 2875961-01.

I assume this recall applies to anyone who bought this as an accessory. I can't remember these ever being fitted from the factory.

Of course, I have one- but have not had any issues like other folks.

Found this website with a bit more information if interested:
Recall for Victory Kingpin, Jackpot Accessory Seats - Motorcycle.com News
They never replaced my old 2 hole backrest… after that, they let me down beyond belief!!!!! **** Indian and Polaris

They replaced them for everyone else in 2013. Sounds like a personal problem.
They were responding to that spammer I think we all have on ignore.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.