Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You read all the time about Victory battery bolts coming loose. Here is a solution Nord Lock Washers. You can buy these at any Fastenal store.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Huh this goes right along with my last post about factory issues.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
13,251 Posts
I use star washers 1/4" from hardware store 35 cents and problem solved.
If lam ass Polaris would use cables that flexed it would never happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
What I find strange about this "battery cables coming loose" is why?

What's different on a Victory from any other bike? The battery? The way the battery bolts are designed? Can't be the cables as I don't see much difference there.

Could it be due to the placement of the battery and the vibrations from the engine or?

·
Registered
49 Posts
What I find strange about this "battery cables coming loose" is why?

What's different on a Victory from any other bike? The battery? The way the battery bolts are designed? Can't be the cables as I don't see much difference there.

Could it be due to the placement of the battery and the vibrations from the engine or?
I think all v twins vibrate the batt cables lose. My ultra would every two- three days of riding. I now use the fas and lock tight

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I think all v twins vibrate the batt cables lose. My ultra would every two- three days of riding. I now use the fas and lock tight

Interesting... my son's Sportster doesn't. Haven't checked mine since about end of May. Almost time to store it away for the winter so will be pulling the battery anyway so I'll find out then if they're loose after all summer riding.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
A lot of Hd guys complain about starter / charging problems when it's the batt cables lose

ahhhhh... that reminds me ... a few years back I had to lend a HD rider a couple tools coz his battery cable came loose and he couldn't get his bike started.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts