Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Victory blue tooth dongle $209.00 and connecting cable $89.00 C$
When they arrived there was no information with ether item. Nothing.
The cable had 4 ends on it. Two that would acomadate the Sena blue tooth and the other 2 ends where different.
I asked where do I plug this thing in because there is no directions...
The service mgr at my local dealer was great (Route 1 Motor Sports) went on Mother Vic's secret web sit and says that the connecting cable I ordered was not the right one........ I said its the one from Victorys web sight that said must be ordered with the Sena BT... So we look closer and it turns a out it is the cable to add a second Sena BT for the passenger.
He says we have the correct cable in stock and we will do an exchange .... Wow that's great news.....
We look and he finds the service write up on installation and prints it for me.. Very cool ....

I go home and it says there is a unused plug on the radio and to plug the adapter cable in and then the BT in the other end. Pair the Sena to your head set and your done...

All worked as described BUT the sound was very low and distorted...
I took it back and they ordered another Sena BT and I had the same results....

So back to the dealer again. This time I went to the sales guy and asked if I could try the Sena on there demo CC.. Well same as my bike low distorted sound....

So the parts guy says it must be your head set. But I connected the head set to his phone and it sounded great. I connected it to my iPod and my iPad and my android phone and all sound good....

So is it the interface cable? Is it an issue with the radios in the bikes...

It's not the Sena BT because it also has a place to connect your GPS .
And the GPS sounds great from the Sena BT to the head set. It's just from the bikes radio that it doesn't seem to work......

Does anyone have a Victory Sena BT dongle connected to there bike??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try adjusting the volume on the radio before you connect to the blue tooth. My works great at about mid range. Also adjust bass and treble then connect. I also had to turn the volume down on my I phone. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try adjusting the volume on the radio before you connect to the blue tooth. My works great at about mid range. Also adjust bass and treble then connect. I also had to turn the volume down on my I phone. Hope this helps.
I even tried turning of the speakers.

After you connect if you adjust the volume on the radio does it effect the volume on the head set?

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I even tried turning of the speakers.

After you connect if you adjust the volume on the radio does it effect the volume on the head set?

Maybe. I also have the Victory/Sena bluetooth dongle. I have the volume of the radio set at zero. I also have the external speakers turned off since I use the headset.

I adjust the volume I want for the radio/iPod from the Sena bluetooth headset. I said maybe because when the phone rings, it's really loud. I'll have to check to see if I increase the radio volume if my headset volume for the radio also goes up.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Adjusting the volume of the radio, on the left handlebar control, has zero effect of the radio volume with the Sena bluetooth headset.

I know of no other way to increase the volume of the Sena bluetooth headset other than the rotary wheel on the helmet unit.

Though I don't understand why the telephone function of the iPhone is so loud compared to the radio.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
It is a well known issue that you must turn the volume on the radio to zero, not just mute it, to get good sound on the Sena headset. The Sena headset has its own volume control for each function such as radio, intercom, phone, etc.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I gave up.....
I tried 2 blue tooth dongles and 3 different cables. I even tried it on the dealers demo 2012 XCT ...

The parts guy send a msg to Polaris ...

Nothing seemed to work...

They took it all back.

I told them if they can make it work I would buy it..

I think there has been a change in the radio and they are not aware these victory blue tooth dongles don't work any more..

Hope someone from victory reads these forums..

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sorry to hear the Blue Tooth dongle did not work for you. I was thinking about getting one to use with our Senna head sets. I will now put that off.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear the Blue Tooth dongle did not work for you. I was thinking about getting one to use with our Senna head sets. I will now put that off.
There is a couple of people on here with it and it works so there must be something changed in the two bikes I tried it on. 2012 and 2013 XCT ...

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Like I said, the Sena bluetooth dongle, the Sena bluetooth headset and the Victory Audio Cable works fine on my 2012 CCT. Not sure anything has changed on the radios, but I sure doubt anything has.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I know you said your Sena headset works with your other blue tooth items fine but it may just be that your Sena headset is the issue and it for some reason does not like the link up with the Dongle. Did you try a different headset? You changed everything else and still had the problem so checking the headset would be reasonable. I am sure Sena would stand behind it if it is the problem.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know you said your Sena headset works with your other blue tooth items fine but it may just be that your Sena headset is the issue and it for some reason does not like the link up with the Dongle. Did you try a different headset? You changed everything else and still had the problem so checking the headset would be reasonable. I am sure Sena would stand behind it if it is the problem.
I thought of that also.
The victory BT dongle has a plug in on the bottom for a GPS or Radar Detector. And when i pug GPS into it the GPS sound comes from the dongle to the headset fine. That says there is an issue between the radio and the dongle.
I can hear the radio in the back ground very low and distorted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts