Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Victory saddlebags on a Boardwalk yet? I'm trying to figure out how big they are and if they'll be able to hold a laptop bag.

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Has anyone installed the Victory saddlebags on a Boardwalk yet? I'm trying to figure out how big they are and if they'll be able to hold a laptop bag.

Thanks
I finally put my hands on a set at a local dealer. Very nice. I think they will fit a laptop as long as the laptop is not too big and the case you are carrying in isn't too large as well. Sorry, I didn't measure the bag itself. I don't think it will stand up straight on its side but more of an angle when the laptop is in the bag.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Victory bags are defently small.
On my old 2009 Yamaha 95toure I could drop a 12 pack of soda in them without having to remove the cans from the box. no way in he** you ca even come close to doing this with the Victory bags.
Salesman lied through his teeth on that, said they where aprox the same size, not even close to the same size. Would have to measure the bags but dont have the yamaha any longer.
Put it this way, you could fit the Victory bags into the Yamaha bags with room to spare.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The Vic bags are roughly 5 gallons each. I watched the youtube video talking to the Vic rep, who stated that they offer a combined storage of 10 gallons.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well I can tell you I have first hand exsperience on how a 12 pack of Soda pop will not fit into the Boardwalk bags, and the only way a 12 pack of cans will ever fit is if you empty them out of the cardboard box and place them into the Victory bags.

A big disappointment as I often use my bike to run to the store to stock up on food items and stop on my way to work and replenish my soda supply for work.

As you can see in the photos above the Yamaha bags are quite a bit longer then the Victory bags, and I do belive that is what makes the difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the Victory bags installed on my Boardwalk. They are of good quality and look great. The problem with the bags is they are rigid on the inside. Meaning they don't expand at all. Also the buckles are deceiving. They are just for looks. There are two non adjustable quick connects on each bag. The top goes down tight to buckle them.
So that being said, what exactly fits in the bag is what you get. In the case of a laptop, I fit my Mac Book 17in pro in there with not problems what so ever. If you're planning a weekend trip with a passenger, plan on a back pack in addition to the bags. For the price they are definitely lacking in capacity as compared to other bags on the market. However, there isn't a lot of choices for the boardwalk at this time that fit the bike and look good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had the same problem. Had to order the additional peg kit. Got them at dealer cost since i ordered the bags when I bought the bike. They were not aware of the additional needed peg brackets.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dealer had to order the new style passenger foot pegs to install the bags on my bike as Victory did not intend on having bags on the bike when it first came out, or at least that is what I was told at the dealership.

I also added a rear luggage rack to my BW, seen below is how I packed it for a camping trip for last weekend.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

Thanks
What I'd like to know is if they fit the Judge. The fender braces look the same, but the Boardwalk bags look much better to me than those X buckled Judge bags.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think they actually do. The Judge and the Boardwalk share the same basic DNA. Just not sure about the needed foot peg mount. You could look at the two bikes in the dealership and you would be able to tell right away.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
They look great!
Nice bike tennmoto thumb up

·
Registered
262 Posts
The boardwalk is a great looking bike. The thing is for what your paying for the boardwalk 14,999 MSRP plus the cost of the little bags about 1000.00. For a grand total of 15,999. You could just buy a cross roads 8 ball. That comes with the HUGE hard bags for 15,999 MSRP. Seems like a no brainer to me forget the boardwalk and buy the Cross Roads 8ball. I think the cross roads 8 ball is the best value victory has right now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I personally can't stand the look of any cruiser saddlebags. They are always so high up to accommodate the two pipes on one side. Just looks funky to me is all.

I've had an idea in my head for some time about making custom leather bags for my boardwalk. I just ordered RPW true dual exhaust for the bike so I will be able to bring the bags farther down. My plan is to have the leather strap run over the bracket for the back seat, and under the actual seat itself. If an when I get around to it, I'll post pics. Although it may be a while.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts