Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Really ?? I would love to read it but no have Facebook ... Hope nobody got hurt ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
the link works for me and I don't have facebook

that's the ness concept bike with aftermarket wheels
did they reuse the bolts or fit others ?

gone are the days of reusing bolts that matter..:|

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never noticed it was the Ness bike. Never have I ever seen all 5 bolts shear off. Wonder if someone didn't tighten them

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
dyno run

looks like a dyno run at a bike meet, sheet happens when push comes to shove!! could be the same beancounters that picked the OE tyres, figured the poor traction would protect the "bolts", prolly a hardly setup as porkster sales fall like lead balloons!!

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Tractions a funny thing, I'll explain when I got more time.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Ok here goes, HC will no doubt back me on this.
Its not so much the lack of traction that breaks things, its more the sudden hookup when it does.
Goes from madly spinning to grip!
My car can do it around the 60 foot mark if I got töo much revs off the line it just unloads being a 4 speed its difficult to juggle revs clutch traction and nerves.
If it unloads off the lights not only does it cost a few tenths but when it does get traction the thump through the whole car is phenomenal! Makes me cringe for a millisecond and boot myself up the arse for töo much revs off the line.
Havent watched the vid in question yet but if it wasnt in total traction from the start could cause breakage.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Its not so much the lack of traction that breaks things, its more the sudden hookup when it does.
Goes from madly spinning to grip!
They say that about falling off buildings. It's not the fall that kills you it's the sudden stop at the ground.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Hey MB, you got it, it's that sudden shear stress and I also wouldn't bet they were tightened correctly either.

·
Registered
314 Posts
That video is from last week at Daytona Bike week. Zach's concept bike sat on that dyno platform for two weeks, they would rev it through the dyno every 30 minutes or so and display the dyno numbers on a big flat screen TV. Indian had a similar setup with a Chieftain about a hundred yards away. I would assume they reused the stock bolts when they upgraded the bike and then being super hard on the bike 20 times a day for two weeks had allot to do with the failure. Still, a little embarrassing for Ma Vic if you are trying to impress people.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts