Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700. I am looking at a 2012 CCT. Most of my riding is stop n go traffic as I ride daily to work. I live in Orlando Florida and the heat can be brutal in the summer.:mad: My concern is going from a water cooled to non-water cooled bike. I'm concerned about rider heat as well as excessive engine heat. I would like to get anyone's input on their experience with their CCT and any heat issues.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well since I just bought one and have in excess of 300 miles now I feel I am..... well.... anything but an expert. lol

But I am coming off a VN900LT. In one good warm day of 200 miles I did notice more heat on my inner thighs over the 900. But its also twice the engine. One thing I did notice on the ride home from the dealer. It was getting cool out. Like upper 50's. I closed one of the lower vents and left the other open. My foot at the closed vent got nice and toasty.

Now cruising down the road I really haven't noticed anything heat wise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My CCT feels like a blast furnace. I even feel the heat on the highway (mostly in the seat of my pants). In traffic the heat on my legs is brutal.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It’s just turned Autumn over here in Australia and through summer my XCT was hot on the thighs in city traffic and warm out on the open road. I must say that it is hotter than the 2003 Ultra Classic I came from but it’s still bearable.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a XCT and live in Fl. also. You defiantly feel the heat coming from the engine but, it's not unbearable. Lot of different leg positions with those long floor boards to escape some of the heat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts