Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get it. Closed on Sunday. Wanted to look at a few add ons, closed. Harley dealer open and a ton of people there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Give'em a break, everyplace should be closed on Sunday. Spend one day a week with friends and family.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
No motorcycle dealers open on Sunday around here no matter what the brand.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Motorcyclist also.

They sell bikes because they like bikes. They want to get alway from work and ride also or maybe go fishing, etc. Everyone needs a day off.-----But they could have a Sunday crew,seems like most other stores are open Sunday now.-----Then again then the people working Sunday would have to call the boss over some BS. Let them stay closed.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
The new Victory dealer one town over from me is OPEN on Sunday. Dam near ran off the road when I saw some ATV's parked out front and the neon open sign was blazing. Never known any shops to open on Sundays. Most close early on Saturday too.

Great for me, but not great if you work for him and like to ride....

·
Registered
102 Posts
All the Vic dealers and most every one else is closed Sunday and Monday and close at 2:00 on Saturday.
Most have a sign stating their hours and state they need time to go riding

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Indiana will not let you buy a motor vehicle on Sunday. You can not even talk price, it is against the law.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Most HD Dealers are open in my area on Sunday in FL but talking Sales and Parts the Service Shop is closed .. Pretty Sure the Vic Dealer in Ocala is open Sunday but as far as I know the rest are closed on Sunday .. I would think being open Sunday would not be a bad thing for those that work and sometimes Sundays is their only good day for ride outing and might want to stop by the Dealer perhaps get a few parts and maybe even take an interest in Trading up their existing Model .. I have no fox to hunt in this as I am retired, and everyday is good day to visit the dealer if I wish .. JMHO

·
Registered
837 Posts
Indiana will not let you buy a motor vehicle on Sunday. You can not even talk price, it is against the law.
I remember the days of the "Blue Law" here in NC back in the 70s. One rainy Sunday afternoon I went to the drug store and saw a game set of checkers for $1 and thought it would be fun to spend the afternoon with the wife playing. I thought they were going to arrest me for putting it on the counter and taking out money. :(

I was in SC one Sunday and tried to buy a 12 oz beer after a round of golf. Won't make that mistake again, either. :crzy:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I bought my Hammer on a Saturday afternoon, the one I looked at was already sold...Mine was still in a box, picked it up on Sunday @ noontime. Now that's service!:D My shop is only a few miles from my house so I'm there frequently, and noticed they have rotating crews, and parts guys are all different on the weekends too... I believe everyone needs at least 1 or 2 days off a week, I know it makes me a better worker at my job.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
At least you guys have a dealer nearby at all. Hour and a half to the closest one here.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey AZ...... If you are talking about SDL Victory, he has always been closed on Sunday.....even when he ran Arizona Victory near Cave Creek and the Bell Rd location. Besides, SDL only have 3 guys running the whole show, so I suspect they need a little rest. The main one up in Calgary, called Cycleworks, is closed Sunday and Monday.

·
Premium Member
13,804 Posts
If the HD dealer's service bays were open on a Sunday I would be surprised. HD has exponentially hundreds of thousands of customers vs Victory's thousands of customers. HD also makes a lot of money on parts and accessories. Keeping a sales person and a couple of counter people working on Sunday's more than pays for itself at the HD dealer but at most Vic dealers except maybe the busiest in the most populated areas would barely pay for keeping the lights on let alone pay the wages for the folks working there. My local Vic dealership is like a family so I wouldn't be surprised if they spend an occasional Sunday doing something together; like riding the bikes and off road rigs they sell.

·
13,299 Posts
Minnesota NO sales of cars or bikes or boats on Sunday state law.
H-D open they sell a ton of clothes and chrome parts.
Victory has nothing to sell. You would think by now they would have extras but I guess there to buzzy playing golf and drinking on there yachts.
You would think the stock holds would make a stink but guess not

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Other than Harley, all M/C dealers around here are closed Sunday and Monday. I am OK with closing Sunday but they should be open Monday thru Saturday.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Even the Harley dealer here is closed on Sunday, tho they are open till 6 on Saturday where the two metric dealers close at 2.

As for the more interesting Sunday sales laws, Twin Falls just barely repealed the Sunday Liquor law five years ago, tho the state dispensaries are still closed Sunday. But you can have a margarita with your carne asada if you want now!

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's because most people go on Sunday rides. Harley dealerships need to be open on Sundays, where you gonna get your parts to fix when you break down. *puts on flamethrower suit*

Here in Hawaii, cycle city closes on Sundays but their parts and service department is open. ;) they're ready for you anytime you need to push your bike in.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
No MC dealers are open on Sunday here and most close early on Saturday as well. The exception to the rule is that they open on Sunday if they plan a Sunday charity ride (which few do).

As for car/truck dealers they are all open for sales on Saturday but are closed on Sunday. The odd part is most of their service depts are closed both weekend days.

·
Registered
837 Posts
As for the more interesting Sunday sales laws, Twin Falls just barely repealed the Sunday Liquor law five years ago, tho the state dispensaries are still closed Sunday. But you can have a margarita with your carne asada if you want now!
The crazy thing that threw me about the SC law is that you can go into a restraunt and drink all day and night long on Sunday---- no problem!

But you can't buy a 12 oz Miller at the Kangeroo!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts