Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows of any vic clubs to join in the CT area?
not sure if this is even the right forum......

saw prob 30 bikes go by,,victory's last weekend in the norwich area..

thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
There might be enough riders from CT here to get a club going.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Gotta ask, what's the appeal of a "club"? I'm on here and three other forums that have members covering parts of the east coast. This one and one other are brand specific but the other two are anything goes types of forums. No club affiliations of any kind. From the forums I can put together or join in on rides whenever I want. Sometimes it's 1-2 other people, other times, like in two weeks, it's 50+ all going off for a 3 day weekend hundreds of miles away. No patches, no vests, no drama.

·
Registered
640 Posts
There is also the Long River Riders. No web sight that I can find. But you can contact them through the *** web site. They might be based out of CT.. Mabey closer for you.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The Victory Motorcycle Club has a club based in the NE. Check them out at the v m c dot com

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gotta ask, what's the appeal of a "club"? I'm on here and three other forums that have members covering parts of the east coast. This one and one other are brand specific but the other two are anything goes types of forums. No club affiliations of any kind. From the forums I can put together or join in on rides whenever I want. Sometimes it's 1-2 other people, other times, like in two weeks, it's 50+ all going off for a 3 day weekend hundreds of miles away. No patches, no vests, no drama.
You are correct to a point BUT you also have no one with any real loyalty to you should you get sick, crash or end up in a bind since these folks are just out for a ride. Not saying someone won't look out for you but most people don't want to ruin their good time by helping out 'some guy'. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
611 Posts
You are correct to a point BUT you also have no one with any real loyalty to you should you get sick, crash or end up in a bind since these folks are just out for a ride. Not saying someone won't look out for you but most people don't want to ruin their good time by helping out 'some guy'. Know what I mean?
I really don't actually. Granted I wouldn't trust my luck on three of the four forums I'm on but one of them has several members that have gotten me out of a jam on different occasions (and a number of people that I have done the same for). Hell, one of the guys there stayed with me the very first day I met him because my bike quit and the rest of the group took off without realizing I wasn't behind them anymore. He hung out for about 20 minutes until I convinced him that I had a truck coming to pick me up. Lots of really close knit people there that would absolutely drop what they are doing to help each other out. I wanna make it clear that I'm not trying to club bash, I'm legitimately curious. It seems to me that the only thing I'm missing by not being in a "club" is the vest.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I really don't actually. Granted I wouldn't trust my luck on three of the four forums I'm on but one of them has several members that have gotten me out of a jam on different occasions (and a number of people that I have done the same for). Hell, one of the guys there stayed with me the very first day I met him because my bike quit and the rest of the group took off without realizing I wasn't behind them anymore. He hung out for about 20 minutes until I convinced him that I had a truck coming to pick me up. Lots of really close knit people there that would absolutely drop what they are doing to help each other out. I wanna make it clear that I'm not trying to club bash, I'm legitimately curious. It seems to me that the only thing I'm missing by not being in a "club" is the vest.
You are missing the #1 reason for a club BROTHERHOOD. It's not just about, when you're out for a ride, it's 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Have you ever questioned VFWs, American Legions, Masons, Shriners? These are all fraternal organizations, some configured a little differently, but brotherhoods. And like these aforementioned "clubs", MCs do lots of charitable events throughout the year. I am riding in one this weekend that supports both a food program for children that may not get a meal and a home for abused women and children.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I can't imagine riding without my club. Before I joined I had friends I rode with and I rode around but not like I do now.

My situation is a bit different, my club is my family and brotherhood. As a firefighter there many places where what I've seen and what I do just do not fit in, and I can feel like a 3rd wheel even among friends. I'm a member of a firefighter motorcycle club, this has linked my love for riding into who I am as a person and my damages as known by those who ride with me. I know that the military and police clubs have members for the same reasons. And the closest club I've found is a substance recovery club.

Another very cool benefit is I can travel almost anywhere in the states or Canada and find a chapter or a MAL to share a ride, meal or a beer with. The networking is amazing there have been members who have traveled coast to coast staying only with members.

To me it is a lot more then just patches, but I still enjoy riding with just friends but many have joined after riding with us too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can't imagine riding without my club. Before I joined I had friends I rode with and I rode around but not like I do now.

My situation is a bit different, my club is my family and brotherhood. As a firefighter there many places where what I've seen and what I do just do not fit in, and I can feel like a 3rd wheel even among friends. I'm a member of a firefighter motorcycle club, this has linked my love for riding into who I am as a person and my damages as known by those who ride with me. I know that the military and police clubs have members for the same reasons. And the closest club I've found is a substance recovery club.

Another very cool benefit is I can travel almost anywhere in the states or Canada and find a chapter or a MAL to share a ride, meal or a beer with. The networking is amazing there have been members who have traveled coast to coast staying only with members.

To me it is a lot more then just patches, but I still enjoy riding with just friends but many have joined after riding with us too.
This sums it up for me also , some folks don't fit in with a club life style that's fine but some enjoy hanging out with folks with similar interests.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts