Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone from Downunder.

Besides having to content with riding upside down in Australia and contrary to poulkar belief it has no effect on counter steering :ltr:, I wanted to ask your choice of pull back handle bars.

Burleigh make a wicked set of bars in Australia for around a grand.

I have seen plenty of reports of handlebars to suit Cross Country, but how about Cross Roads?

Cross Country bars are about 2 inches longer than Cross Roads to start with so finding a suitable CR bar is a very interesting excercise.

I would like to know what Bars fellow Cross Roads owners have tried or are using.

Cheers

Chris :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I will be installing the HMD XR Pullbacks on my bike this weekend. They use a short riser instead of the stock XR riser. I will post pics once I install and let you know how the feel is.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i used the factory accessory 2" bars on mine. they give me
a straighter seating position instead of leaning forward. did
have to use the longer brake hose too. you arms and elbows will
be more relaxed.

handlebar # 2878551
hose # 1911723[for 2010 and 11 only]
this is out of the 2012 acc. book--irv

·
Registered
76 Posts
I used the stock bar from the XC which is the equivalent to the 2" pullback for the XR. Very happy with it. Nice curve to the elbows and it allows me to sit back in the seat. Highly recommended.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
470 Posts
i use the kewl metal 2up 2back risers. don't have to change any cables or lines. don't even have to take off any controls or grips to install. it was a while getting them though, not the best service.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ninja, did you need to use longer cables or hoses?

·
Registered
76 Posts
The stock cables fit just fine. It was a simple swap.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Ninja, I'll look into a set of 2inch pull backs.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
might try to get a set of cross country bars of ebug and see if they will post to Australia. Some good priced bars at the moment with free shipping in the USA, but wont ship to OZ.:(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my Cross Country bars from the good ol USA, thanks guys. Fitting them up to the Cross Roads now. Need to find a bit of cable slack but I think I can get it with a bit of a jiggle and re-routing. Cruise is too short but I'll extend if I have to.

From what I have read, the swap should be straight forward.

Your input as always appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
205 Posts
I put on the victory 2" pull backs on my 12 cross roads and it was one of the best mods I did. I ride more comfortably now, plus I did not have to change out any cables. Ride Safe All...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Necoachbw,

Mine is a 2012 CR model so we will see how we go.

Cheers

Chris :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
i use the kewl metal 2up 2back risers. don't have to change any cables or lines. don't even have to take off any controls or grips to install. it was a while getting them though, not the best service.
Does anyone know where I can get some of the Kewlmetal risers? They are no longer on the website. I have a messages in to Kewlmetal, but no response so far. Cruiser Customizing shows them arriving soon, but not in stock.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Can you give the pn# you used. Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I added the 2" pull backs and made it much more comfortable. Before changing them I had a tendency to want to roll back on the throttle on those slow left turns as the reach was extended.

As stated above your seat position is much more relaxed. I believe they are just the stock cross country bars as they are already extended back 2".

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the original XC bars sitting in the garage after I upgrade to the 2" pullbacks last year. Tried to sell them, but I guess I was asking too much.

If anyone is interested, make me a reasonable offer for the effort to get them shipped, plus shipping cost, and I'd be glad to get rid of them.

Cheers,
Randy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey, Crash-- how did the bars work out for you?

I am looking to put a set of XC stock bars on my 2012 XR, and I want to know if I will need to replace any cables as a result.

Ninja-- looks like you were able to do this-- is that right?

Will I need to disconnect my brake cable and reconnect/bleed, or can I do any re-routing without disconnecting? Can anyone describe the re-routing required?

Thanks!

J

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi JustJ300,

I love the Cross Country bars, they made a huge difference. no longer sore in the back and shoulders. Feel like I have better control on teh road and turns at slow speed are a hell of a lot easier as I can now reach all the way forward for tight street turns.

My 2012 Cross roads needed nothing done to it. No new cables, readjusted the brake cable by letting out a bit of hose and thats it. Needed to open the headlight bucket to let out a little more wire to teh cruise control.

Thats it :)

All smiles my end. Have fun mate.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts