Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys put the Tach Kit on a 2011 or 2012 Cross Roads. I have a 2012 LE and I saw a Victory Tach Kit #2878209 on ebay for a starting bid of $99.99. It lists for $199.99. I bid $99.99 and got it for $113.99 with shipping. Now I hope I can put it on myself without any reprograming at a dealer. I have the digital tach in the speedo.

Also got the Victory Lowers from another dealer for $240.00 shipped.

I'm thinking of spending the money and unlocking the extra features of the Speedo too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the speedo reflash and there's lots of great stuff on it, just makes it harder to move from the trip meter to the tach. Lots to scroll through. I'm thinking about adding the analog tach as I seem to be shifting at fairly low rpms. Be interested to hear about your experience once it comes. Install difficulty, instruction quality, stuff like that. Congrats on the good deal finds.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the speedo reflash and there's lots of great stuff on it, just makes it harder to move from the trip meter to the tach. Lots to scroll through. I'm thinking about adding the analog tach as I seem to be shifting at fairly low rpms. Be interested to hear about your experience once it comes. Install difficulty, instruction quality, stuff like that. Congrats on the good deal finds.
I should have the kit next week. I'll post what happens. I 'm thinking of trying to install the temp sensor myself.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i have both . you will love it. buy the temp sensor too for
the thermometor in the reflash--irv

·
Registered
135 Posts
Any of you guys put the Tach Kit on a 2011 or 2012 Cross Roads. I have a 2012 LE and I saw a Victory Tach Kit #2878209 on ebay for a starting bid of $99.99. It lists for $199.99. I bid $99.99 and got it for $113.99 with shipping. Now I hope I can put it on myself without any reprograming at a dealer. I have the digital tach in the speedo.

I'm thinking of spending the money and unlocking the extra features of the Speedo too.
put it on my 2012 xr...no problem. hardest part is getting the single speedometer bracket off and the new one on. the tach just plugs into the harness which is in the headlight. take your time. of course it should come standard on a 17000.00 bike IMO...ride safe!

·
Premium Member
13,162 Posts

Great buy on the tach. I want to put one on my KP and would do it to an XR if I get one.

Did you mean you got "Fork Lowers" or the wrap around lowers that bolt to the crash bars that have glove boxes in them?

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
The tach kit is plug and play. There's a connector for it lurking in the headlight nacelle. Its the only one that will mate with the one on your tach. I don't know why Vic didn't include it, there are so many advantages; its easier and faster to read and it will help you to keep your revs up for better handling and makes life easier on the engine. Keep her above 2500rpm and you and the bike will be happier.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great buy on the tach. I want to put one on my KP and would do it to an XR if I get one.

Did you mean you got "Fork Lowers" or the wrap around lowers that bolt to the crash bars that have glove boxes in them?
I got the $299.99 Lower Air Controls that mount on the forks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
put it on my 2012 xr...no problem. hardest part is getting the single speedometer bracket off and the new one on. the tach just plugs into the harness which is in the headlight. take your time. of course it should come standard on a 17000.00 bike IMO...ride safe!
Thanks for the info. You need the Arlen Ness License Plate kit for a Vision on that bike like I put on. It needs two holes redrilled but bolts on easily and looks great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The tach kit is plug and play. There's a connector for it lurking in the headlight nacelle. Its the only one that will mate with the one on your tach. I don't know why Vic didn't include it, there are so many advantages; its easier and faster to read and it will help you to keep your revs up for better handling and makes life easier on the engine. Keep her above 2500rpm and you and the bike will be happier.
Thanks, I was concerned that something would get messed up with the new Tach because of the digital one the bike has now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts