Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys and thanks for the add. I have a 2011 victory crossroads. that's started bucking and popping when accelerating last year. took it to the shop . they never really found anything wrong. changed the gas out for fresh , even though that was fresh they suspected bad gas, but also said maybe kill switch. anyway after them having it 2 month, not a vic shop no shops near me, it was so late in the year I parked it with fuel stabilizer and put the tender on for the winter. took it out this spring it won't run for only a few minutes . noticed a little gas under it took tank off found a crack in the fuel pump connector. so while I had tank off I hooked up with a pc. of clear fuel line to see if getting gas bike start right up and then does the same breaking down at revs and cuts out . I put a spark tester on coil wire and found that when revved spark gets eratic then cuts out. checked the usual relays etc . and breakers. even changed the around. replaced the main 40 amp relay and cleaned and tighted battery terminals, check all electrical connection and applied die electric grease. , the lights will stay on when this happens and everything else works no codes. just loss of spark turn ignition off wait a few minutes and spark comes back turns right over and fires up.. anyone know how I test the coil

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
short of finding a buddy with a Vic and trying his coil I dunno..electrics aint my strongpoint.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
How's the battery health?

·
12,983 Posts
Go to witchdoctor get new plug wires and plugs. Get battery load tested at auto store. Check connections at the coil look for caroshion.
Tell us where you live maybe another vic rider close by where you can swap coils to try

http://buywitchdoctors.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts