Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in the 4th largest city in the nation (houston)
there are no i repeat not a single vic dealer within
the city limits of houston. when i purchased my
jackpot last year there were 4 dealers in the area,
one in conroe,one in katy,one on the southwest frwy.,
and one on the gulf frwy.
now we are down to only 2. i dont know what the numbers
are but i am pretty sure alot of bikes are sold in this city,
texas has one of the strongest economys in the nation.
it just does not make any sense to me.
wtf?:confused:wac

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
i live in the 4th largest city in the nation (houston)
there are no i repeat not a single vic dealer within
the city limits of houston. when i purchased my
jackpot last year there were 4 dealers in the area,
one in conroe,one in katy,one on the southwest frwy.,
and one on the gulf frwy.
now we are down to only 2. i dont know what the numbers
are but i am pretty sure alot of bikes are sold in this city,
texas has one of the strongest economys in the nation.
it just does not make any sense to me.
wtf?:confused:wac
Actually the Southwest store is moving to the Eximports (they bought them out) building accross 59 South...and will be picking up the Victory line again....so you will have three again.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Same thing happened in Northern California. Within a 2 year span 4 dealers closed.

Unfortunately for me the dealer that is only 2 miles away is a complete jerk so I ride 100 miles to one of 2 other Vic dealers.

When the recession hit Vic was pushing the new models on dealers and many of them had 1 and 2 year old new bikes on the floor still. Then Victory sends you brand new bikes and a few new bikes on top of that.

2 dealers told me personally that they closed because they didn't like Victory pushing new product in the terrible economy.

Many may not know this but for every vehicle that the dealer has, they have to pay whats called a flooring fee. Imagine if you have 6 bikes that are one to 2 years old that haven't sold yet and now Victory is making you floor ALL of the 2011 models. Those fees alone can kill you.

My understanding is that Victory was a day late and dollar short when they decided to stop pushing so much new product on dealers.

Its a shame because some really great dealerships went out of business.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
My understanding is that Victory was a day late and dollar short when they decided to stop pushing so much new product on dealers.

Actually Vic was pretty much the best when it came to stopping the practice. HD, Honda, and Suzuki kept pushing the deal until 10. While Vic let you get one or two new bikes in 09. At our store I think we only took in 3 steel frame bikes in 09

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys.
noe do you know when they will be opening?
thanks again.cheers

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
thanks guys.
noe do you know when they will be opening?
thanks again.cheers
Not yet...just know water craft stuff will stay in current southwest building and motorcycles will go there. I would imagine within the next few months.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Actually Vic was pretty much the best when it came to stopping the practice. HD, Honda, and Suzuki kept pushing the deal until 10. While Vic let you get one or two new bikes in 09. At our store I think we only took in 3 steel frame bikes in 09

I wonder if it was different in California. Because I know Schroeder's, Grumpy Bears and Performance all said the same things.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Many may not know this but for every vehicle that the dealer has, they have to pay whats called a flooring fee. Imagine if you have 6 bikes that are one to 2 years old that haven't sold yet and now Victory is making you floor ALL of the 2011 models. Those fees alone can kill you.

Its a shame because some really great dealerships went out of business.
That's what I heard happened here. The dealership was just outside of New Orleans, close to the airport when I bought my bike. Within a year, they stopped selling Vics and now I have to go 60 miles to get to a dealer. That isn't too bad compared to some but the dealership I now have to go to isn't as helpful or friendly as the one that closed. Wish the 1st one would reopen

·
Registered
78 Posts
When the recession hit Vic was pushing the new models on dealers and many of them had 1 and 2 year old new bikes on the floor still. Then Victory sends you brand new bikes and a few new bikes on top of that.
Thats interesting since the dealer I got my bike from has 1 08' Vegas and 1 09' Kingpin brand new never titled; as well as 5 2011' models still on the floor. They just changed hands last January, as well as 2 years before that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Theres only 1 in Oklahoma City. I've never actually gone to that one. I bought mine from a dealer in Chicasha, OK. It's about 60 miles south of OKC. They just picked up Vic's and had 4 Visions and 1 High Ball, which I bought. I was their first ever Victory sale.

They didn't seem to know much about the line from what I could tell but very easy to work with. I was gonna buy the bike regardless of what they told me or what deals I could make.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live a few blocks away from my local Victory dealer. The salesmen seem ok but the bike inventory isn't real good either. I'm going to buy a High Ball this fall and I am hoping they get one in. I don't want to drive over the hill to Arlen Ness.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I live a few blocks away from my local Victory dealer. The salesmen seem ok but the bike inventory isn't real good either. I'm going to buy a High Ball this fall and I am hoping they get one in. I don't want to drive over the hill to Arlen Ness.

Interesting, Delta Powersports has always had a great selection of bikes when I've stopped by..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts