Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

The Victory lineup just recently caught our eye. Here to learn more about the XC and XCT models. Everything we have read in reviews and video are impressive so far....

·
Registered
301 Posts
"Our eye" "WE have seen".....Royalty??
just want to say AGEAN dude the bike is so fast from the start, and top end will get it, after your purformance upgrade. ive been hereing screeming eagles that i run with SCREEM. cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just want to say AGEAN dude the bike is so fast from the start, and top end will get it, after your purformance upgrade. ive been hereing screeming eagles that i run with SCREEM. cheers
I have not ridden one yet, but plan to soon. I keep reading and hearing how well they handle so I'm excited to take one or two models around the block.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Go to the Victory Motorcycles website and look at the demo truck schedule. If you can find one near you that's the best place to be to try all the models. You'll also get a $1000 customer cash coupon that you can use if you buy within a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey Everyone,

The Victory lineup just recently caught our eye. Here to learn more about the XC and XCT models. Everything we have read in reviews and video are impressive so far....
I have the XCT and after 4 months I have over 12.5K on her. Here's my opinion. If your in the area go see Bair in Canton Ohio and talk to Bill A. He is who I delt with when I bought mine in March. Tell him Pat sent ya. He was very helpful and easy to deal with!

They usually have some demos available.

Pros.
1. The storage capacity is awesome!
2. The bike handles like a dream. It really corners!
3. The radio is ok up to level 10 the auto gain control is a great feature
4. The seat is tolerable for a long ride. Still not up to Mustang standards
5. The heat while traveling isn't bad. It does get hot sitting still, but don't they all?
6. Non linked ABS brakes are a huge plus!
7. Cruise control works. Surgie though.
8. The speedo is accurate! Tested with my GPS and they match within a mile or two
9. Getting about 40mpg average. The wrist can REALLY affect that. lol The onboard fuel milage calculator is VERY generous. Usually 3 to 5mph higher than real.
10. Not much maintenance involved with the bike!

Cons

1. The handle bars are too far away causing neck pain and hand numbness. Replaced with 2 inch pull backs and all issues are solved!
2. The way the fuel cap is located its hard to see down in to fill the tank Need to fill from 8 oclock position.
3. The gas guage is horrible. Stays full for 60 miles then races down. Says you're empty with over 2 gallons left.
4. Can smell the fuel venting while riding at low speeds.
5. More vibration in the bars than my kaw 900.
6. Mirrors aren't as nice as the kaw 900
7. The radio controls are not lighted
8. The cruise controls are not lighted.
9. The small compartments in the fairing don't lock
10. Not getting anything done at home because I am riding too much

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I've got to call a ..."Country" violation!!!!
If you start with Victory, eh? you HAVE to be from Canada....don't you? :ltr:

I have a '11 Ness XC and "think" my cruise and radio buttons are illuminated (at least partially). I am posting from 30K feet so can't exactly run out to the garage to check but will do so once I get home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got to call a ..."Country" violation!!!!
If you start with Victory, eh? you HAVE to be from Canada....don't you? :ltr:
Yes I would agree and I'm from Ohio so...

Let us know if those controls have back lighting on your bike.
Thanks...Pete

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have the XCT and after 4 months I have over 12.5K on her. Here's my opinion. If your in the area go see Bair in Canton Ohio and talk to Bill A. He is who I delt with when I bought mine in March. Tell him Pat sent ya. He was very helpful and easy to deal with!
Thanks for the information. The wife and I did stop at bears in Canton and I talked to three of the salesmen cant recall names. One was the owner, his nephew and then one of the salesman, a younger guy. It was too damn hot to test ride that day. They were more than willing to set one up for us. I'm not quite ready to buy yet but I wanted to go see them in person.

I like both the CC and CCT, we want something else setup more for touring than the RK. I really like those forged bars on the CC and the CCT comes with a lot of nice features standard. I could get a CCT and just put the forged bars on it. Then switch out to those lowers for the cold months....

·
Registered
790 Posts
4. Can smell the fuel venting while riding at low speeds.
6. Mirrors aren't as nice as the kaw 900
8. The cruise controls are not lighted.
9. The small compartments in the fairing don't lock

Easy remedies,
#4 undo or re-route vent hose, do a search, takes 5 minutes.
#6 Change them
#9 Compartment locks available from Victory, or hit the local hardware store

#7 &8 As far as lighted switches? I know HD doesn't do it, sure someone does, but never seen it.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

#7 &8 As far as lighted switches? I know HD doesn't do it, sure someone does, but never seen it.
#7 Don't cruise at night. Find a rouge trucker to run with and let er rip.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
#7 Don't cruise at night. Find a rouge trucker to run with and let er rip.
If you have to LOOK at where the switches are after the first week. You might consider a new car instead. The road is NOT located under the grip, and that is where the eyes are supposed to be

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Yes I would agree and I'm from Ohio so...

Let us know if those controls have back lighting on your bike.
Thanks...Pete
On/Off is illuminated (as seen here) but apparently the others may not be (I don't see the same LED embedded in the center of those)

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you have to LOOK at where the switches are after the first week. You might consider a new car instead. The road is NOT located under the grip, and that is where the eyes are supposed to be
:not worthy: I am glad you ride without ever looking at any place other than the road. Guess you never look at the speedo?

Look I can be ridiculous too. Lets be real.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
another con.you cant leave the cruise on because you are
always hunting for another curvy road to go down or another
curvy and hilly road to have fun on.damn you victory. even
my wife enjoys it[or she cant scream]--irv

·
Registered
755 Posts
:not worthy: I am glad you ride without ever looking at any place other than the road. Guess you never look at the speedo?

Speedo is lit. I ride a Vegas and none of my switches are lit which is fine with me because I don't wanna blind my thumbs. :D

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts

I am being real. If you have to loo where your hands are in relation to the switch gear. You need to work on it. MUSCLE MEMORY should be the only back light you need for the 3 simple switches on each side. If you have to look at them. then they fall under the heading of a distraction.
BTW the speedo is in line of sight on a Vic for the very reason; that you need to keep your eyes on the road. That momentary flick of your eyes is not in the same league

1 - 20 of 20 Posts