Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’m in the process of importing a 2008 Victory into Canada. As part of a checklist for importation an inspector must complete a checklist. Included on the checklist is the statement following statement.

“EXHAUST SYSTEM: must have permanent legible marking, confirming it meets “EPA regulation of 80dB(A)”

Does anyone know where I can find such markings (or similar) on Victory Swept pipes? Is there anything stamped into the pipes themselves inside the heat shields?

Thank-You

·
Registered
784 Posts
You may not find it on those. Most aftermarket, even the ones from Victory have "for off road use" stamped on them.
The OEM has it IIRC at the first/last joint on the muffler. Somewhere close to under the floor board/passenger floorboard area. You may have to look underneath for it. I have seen it but don't remember exactly where.
If I may suggest, put the factory mufflers/pipes on to do the inspection then change back.

Good Luck and Best Wishes

·
Registered
611 Posts
You may not find it on those. Most aftermarket, even the ones from Victory have "for off road use" stamped on them.
The OEM has it IIRC at the first/last joint on the muffler. Somewhere close to under the floor board/passenger floorboard area. You may have to look underneath for it. I have seen it but don't remember exactly where.
If I may suggest, put the factory mufflers/pipes on to do the inspection then change back.

Good Luck and Best Wishes
^ this. Factory exhausts on new bikes are required to be stamped that they meet emissions and noise regulations but anything else typically does not and so is not. Even the "factory" aftermarket stuff is, as lost mentioned, considered to be for "off road use only" and is marked as such. Putting a stock set on and swapping out later is your best option unless someone that has the pipes you want can confirm that they are legal.

·
Premium Member
6,136 Posts
^ this. Factory exhausts on new bikes are required to be stamped that they meet emissions and noise regulations but anything else typically does not and so is not. Even the "factory" aftermarket stuff is, as lost mentioned, considered to be for "off road use only" and is marked as such. Putting a stock set on and swapping out later is your best option unless someone that has the pipes you want can confirm that they are legal.
+ 1 thumb up well put, nuff said cheers

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Hi,
I’m in the process of importing a 2008 Victory into Canada. As part of a checklist for importation an inspector must complete a checklist. Included on the checklist is the statement following statement.

“EXHAUST SYSTEM: must have permanent legible marking, confirming it meets “EPA regulation of 80dB(A)”

Does anyone know where I can find such markings (or similar) on Victory Swept pipes? Is there anything stamped into the pipes themselves inside the heat shields?

Thank-You
Why not just fly down and ride it back across the border?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Riding across the border still requires a import inspection. Unfortunately I do not have original pipes.
Im pretty sure i saw on one of the victory facebook groups (victory motorcycle buy sell and trade) a set of stock kingpin pipes for about $100. may be something to look into. im at work right now but when i get off i should have a little time to look. if i can find it ill shoot you a link

1 - 7 of 7 Posts