Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy y'all from San Antonio, Texas. I'm the extremely proud new owner of a '10 Kingpin and while trying to research lighting options for the bike, the tech at the local dealership recommended the site.
Raced motocross for 12 yrs many years back (still have my '87 RM-250) and occassionally rode an old '84 Honda Rebel. Got the bug to ride again recently and had my sights set on a Harley from the git-go before completing the MSF Course. However, happened upon a Victory Vegas in the parking lot at work one day, stopping me cold in my tracks thinking, "What the hey?!?"

So, finally completed the course...test rode a Fat Boy and Heritage before taking a '07 Kingpin Tour for a spin. Don't get me wrong...the Harleys are nice bikes, but I didn't want the test ride on the Kingpin to end! :D
They happened to have one 2010 Kingpin (Blue/Sand) left and w/ the Red Tag savings, it was a no-brainer decision. cheers

I already have one question concerning auxiliary lights/lightbars I'll post elsewhere. Otherwise, look forward to talking with y'all and gaining from your experience/knowledge. Many thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the Victory Family (funny farm)...thumb up

Now POST SOME PICTURES!
:worthless without:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congratulations! Your love of your Victory will continue to grow. Fortunately others will see how great a bike Vics are after they see yours. Feel free to ask these people questions, they are great! I've learned a lot from them all.

tom 07'Silver/Chrome KPtour

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Check out the “how to” in regard to posting pics here.
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688

The Search feature is your friend!  You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome to the "family" I also bought a 2010 Victory as my first "Big Boy" bike....LOL...aftrmarket goodies are out there...My favorite online is www.victoryonly.com but there are several......Congratulations on the new "baby"

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
If you check my signature you will see a few great guys that not only make Victory accessories but are Victory owners also.

·
Premium Member
13,003 Posts
Welcome and as mentioned; we like pics around here. :) Also mentioned is the great guys who have aftermarket parts for our bikes. I'm a long-time HD rider and still straddle both makes. I found another good spot for gear and parts; sometimes with decent discounts at http://www.surdykemotorsports.com/catalog.asp. Scroll down the the Victory catalog. There are many more parts available than what's listed so a search will help you find those things.

I've ordered a few items from Noe at NOEMTZ DESIGNS and I'm very happy with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
All,

Greatly appreciate the warm welcome & the congrats. Picked up the bike yesterday and any doubts I had about picking the right bike were quickly erased as I was on cloud 9 riding home, even in rush hour traffic. :)
Simply amazed at how comfortable and balanced it is, as well as how smooth it rides.

Ordered a few Victory parts through the dealer...2" offset bars, stage 1 drag exhaust, tach...among other things. And to round-out the post, even attached a pic right before I left the dealer. Once I get the parts installed that I ordered, will post more.

Also really appreciate the advice/tips on aftermarket sites. I'm primarily looking to add a front-mounted lightbar of some kind as the only option Victory has for addtl lights are the PIAA lights mounted on the highway bars and I don't care to go that route. Trying to find out if the Cross Roads lightbar will work on the Kingpin...anyone know?
And for diamond...yes, I checked kewlmetal and they offer some options with the fork-mounted clamps and a variety of lights. Thanks.
Also looking to replace the unGodly rear license plate mount w/ some kind of laydown set-up. Eventually want to modify the fender to have it mounted flush or inset below the brake light...all in due time.
But the lights are my priority right now.
Will do some more research on the sites y'all provided when I have some time.

Again, many thanks for the welcome and assistance. Really glad to be back "on the road again" on 2 wheels and most importantly, as part of the Victory club. cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,003 Posts
The two tone Ocean Blue is a great color combination! I'm sure your new Vic KP will bring miles of smiles!

You might check out Custom Dynamics for some lighting options. Be careful when doing any changes to the turn signals. The right front turn signal is wired differently and if it isn't wired correctly you can burn out a turn signal module which isn't cheap to replace.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Welcome from Katy Texas!
Sweet looking bike! If your ever in the Houston area....look us up. www.bcvr-online.com

Also, Oct 8-10 is our annual Texas Meet over at Johnson City...not far from SA. Maybe you can make that and meet a bunch more fellow Texan Victory Riders.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts