Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if Lloyd is pooping his pants in the wake of his ATS sales skyrocketing by about 3000%. Timing wheels, throttle rings, gaskets... Never mind the guys here that take it to the next level, such as cams and such. IMHO , I feel this forum helps so many vendors sell more items, its almost as if we could make or break , the sales of certain Items . If an item sucks, and enough of us condemn it, no one will buy it, BUT , great items such as Lloyds ATS and other items cant be kept on the shelves, and it has to do a lot with us!thumb up

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I wonder if Lloyd is pooping his pants in the wake of his ATS sales skyrocketing by about 3000%. Timing wheels, throttle rings, gaskets... Never mind the guys here that take it to the next level, such as cams and such. IMHO , I feel this forum helps so many vendors sell more items, its almost as if we could make or break , the sales of certain Items . If an item sucks, and enough of us condemn it, no one will buy it, BUT , great items such as Lloyds ATS and other items cant be kept on the shelves, and it has to do a lot with us!thumb up
Funny, I had the same thought. Imagine having to get info out the 'old fasioned' way lol
I've learned so much, and spent a lot of moneybased on info from forums; be it Victory, Goldwing, Cavalcade, Dodge Ram, or RC Helicopter.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Till you crash it and your out a grand...thumb up
They are SO hard to fly. Did I mention they are hard to fly? It literally is having about $1000 in the air. The blades are 5 FEET from tip to tip and weighs about 13 lbs. Powered by a 23CC gasoline (not nitro!) engine.

Heavy. Loud. Fast.
Scary.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
The internet has helped to weed out inferior products for certain markets. I won't make a single item purchase over $50 without reading some reviews/feedback from other users first.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright guys , lets get back on track.thumb up

·
Registered
837 Posts
Funny, I had the same thought. Imagine having to get info out the 'old fasioned' way lol
I've learned so much, and spent a lot of moneybased on info from forums; be it Victory, Goldwing, Cavalcade, Dodge Ram, or RC Helicopter.
You fly RC??????? And can afford a motorcycle, too????? :confused:

·
Registered
848 Posts
While the internet is a great tool to increase or decrease sales of a product for a vendor and the ones that realize this make a ton of money.

Plus service, if a vendor has a good product the "net " can kill it/him just as easy if they do not respond with in kind customer service or support.

A certain Honda shop got all my Victory Business due to Kate their customer rep followng the forum and offering knowledgeable support and fast service. Price beat my dealer hands down.

The Vic shop as learned this too and give excellent customer support.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
While the internet is a great tool to increase or decrease sales of a product for a vendor and the ones that realize this make a ton of money.

Plus service, if a vendor has a good product the "net " can kill it/him just as easy if they do not respond with in kind customer service or support.

A certain Honda shop got all my Victory Business due to Kate their customer rep followng the forum and offering knowledgeable support and fast service. Price beat my dealer hands down.

Exactly my point Squatch!cheers

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

Ive dropped some change with Kate as well. Prices INCLUDING shipping was more than my local dealer would help me with..Dont understand that but I know LATER the manager said talk to him first and guess what... Just dropped some CHANGE at my local dealer and feel good about it. They were accomodating and provided same CS that Kate does So Honda East wins, local dealer wins and Tim wins too!

With regards to the OP thoughts, 100% agree. Ex: 7Jurock... Never heard of them until reading a review on a forum. Great product, low price, military discount, quick shipping and had small complaint in which they offered an extra 10% off my next order. Highly recommended and VERY happy with them.

Lloydz has the rep but when you get down to the bottom line, business is business. He could be hard line OR realize what is being said here is true. He is 100% vic and the VIC forums do quite a bit of advertising free of charge as well as spreading other useful info like responses to phone calls of tech nature or articles written. I think his shop and other Rylans, Kyles, etc will continue to grow and they will continue to interact/support us the end user in such a way that we all win. I for one am glad we have the group here we do to find out more about these machines and those that support us.

Ramble on my friends... !

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Uhmmm... Youze fellas do realize we operate in a bubble right?

There are a whole slew of riders who do not read this forum nor care what we think. There are products and vendors who do not appear here or get our attention. There are goobers operating on their Vics under shadetrees and doing hacks that we don't know about.

I would like to have gone to the Spirit Lake party to see if there is something new under the sun for my bike by strolling through a lot full of Cross bikes looking for touches that I don't recognize and talking to other goobers who show up with dirty fingernails and whose idea of high tech is a flip phone that they actually call people from.

Even then, the Victory homecoming is a stretch. There's gobs of Vic riders who when asked would probably say they think Spirit Lake is a slasher movie. Others would not have anything to do with any website, event or organization that would have dealings with people like them. A fair slice of bikers just can't be bothered with peeps and often those cranky pricks are smart as Einstein given room to tinker.

Pop is in the construction industry and I am always amazed when corporate hands down some new edict that forces my peers to sit down and agonize their way through a keyboard activity. My biz is still populated by a healthy percentage of peeps who have not succumbed to the siren call of computers.

Those folks may be a dying breed but many are a dying breed that has been riders and inventive all their lives. Guaranteed at some kitchen table there's stuff happening to motorcycles right now that none of us have a clue and may not ever.

All that said, interweb info sharing is the best tech development ever.
It makes dummies smarter, companies more responsive and gummints at least less insulting in how they play us for johns. Plus, I get to watch morons and drunk Russians on Youtube. Life is good.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Uhmmm... Youze fellas do realize we operate in a bubble right?

There are a whole slew of riders who do not read this forum nor care what we think. There are products and vendors who do not appear here or get our attention. There are goobers operating on their Vics under shadetrees and doing hacks that we don't know about.

I would like to have gone to the Spirit Lake party to see if there is something new under the sun for my bike by strolling through a lot full of Cross bikes looking for touches that I don't recognize and talking to other goobers who show up with dirty fingernails and whose idea of high tech is a flip phone that they actually call people from.

Even then, the Victory homecoming is a stretch. There's gobs of Vic riders who when asked would probably say they think Spirit Lake is a slasher movie. Others would not have anything to do with any website, event or organization that would have dealings with people like them. A fair slice of bikers just can't be bothered with peeps and often those cranky pricks are smart as Einstein given room to tinker.

Pop is in the construction industry and I am always amazed when corporate hands down some new edict that forces my peers to sit down and agonize their way through a keyboard activity. My biz is still populated by a healthy percentage of peeps who have not succumbed to the siren call of computers.

Those folks may be a dying breed but many are a dying breed that has been riders and inventive all their lives. Guaranteed at some kitchen table there's stuff happening to motorcycles right now that none of us have a clue and may not ever.

All that said, interweb info sharing is the best tech development ever.
It makes dummies smarter, companies more responsive and gummints at least less insulting in how they play us for johns. Plus, I get to watch morons and drunk Russians on Youtube. Life is good.
Yep! Me n my friends growing up were one of those backyard shade tree mechanics that loved the sleepers. Could take a stock motor and pull it apart, do our little tweaks and shave a full second of the 1/4 mile with out spending more than a hundred bucks.

Lloyds has a great thing going for the Victory guys. He's given us better air filters, better idle control, great cam choices, and now this little timing wheel gem.

If you keep making stuff that people want and make it obtainable you will be successful and the numbers just keep adding up.

I cant wait to see what Lloyds little shop is up to next. Hopefully a better plug n ride fuel programmer ?wac

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts