Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Test rode a Cross Country and a Vegas, as well as a Harley Street Glide at the dealership. (Victory had their demo bike trailer in town.) What an eye-opener!

Ended up ordering a 2012 Cory Ness XC. Can hardly wait 'till the middle-to-end of October for it to show up!

The Victory sales jargon, "Ride one and you'll own one", proved to be accurate for me. :D

Enjoying the forum in the meantime, just reading and learning.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
And for me as well! I just did a demo ride Saturday at 11 am and rode home on my new Vegas a few hours later.

I had been riding a Shadow with just 600ccs, so my husband wanted me to ride his Heritage Softail to the Victory dealer in preparation for test riding a much bigger bike. Well, his felt like a tractor to me. Got on the Vic and it was as nimble as my Shadow, with better tight turning ability if that is even possible. And for being 200 pounds heavier than the Shadow, it isn't even noticeable until it is turned off and I am hauling it a bit uphill on our driveway.

I will say welcome even though I got here half an hour after you did:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nance Lee,

Thanks for the welcome.

I can see how you took home a Vegas after riding one. Congrats!

It does have a low center of gravity and the low seat (like all Vics), but it seems to defy the law of gravity. It is truly nimble for a bike of that size and weight (and is great looking).

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Howdy,

Test rode a Cross Country and a Vegas, as well as a Harley Street Glide at the dealership. (Victory had their demo bike trailer in town.) What an eye-opener!

Ended up ordering a 2012 Cory Ness XC. Can hardly wait 'till the middle-to-end of October for it to show up!

The Victory sales jargon, "Ride one and you'll own one", proved to be accurate for me. :D

Enjoying the forum in the meantime, just reading and learning.

Cheers!
Welcome! I am certain you will love your Ness XC as much as I do mine!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Howdy from Okie-homa. The hottest state in the nation this year. I believe it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All,

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Looks like "Victory Forums" members own a nice cross section of Victory models.

Lots to learn here. Hopefully, when my XC arrives and I'm able to put a few miles on it, I can also contribute to this forum.

Dropped off my trade-in yesterday (2006 Yamaha FJR1300), so I'm temporarily bike-less and there's a big hole in my garage. :eek:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A few helpful pointers,

• Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

• The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

• If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature, please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.
Please add the year and model of your bike to your signature, so we know how to help when you ask a question!

·
Registered
7 Posts
And for me as well! I just did a demo ride Saturday at 11 am and rode home on my new Vegas a few hours later.

I had been riding a Shadow with just 600ccs, so my husband wanted me to ride his Heritage Softail to the Victory dealer in preparation for test riding a much bigger bike. Well, his felt like a tractor to me. Got on the Vic and it was as nimble as my Shadow, with better tight turning ability if that is even possible. And for being 200 pounds heavier than the Shadow, it isn't even noticeable until it is turned off and I am hauling it a bit uphill on our driveway.

I will say welcome even though I got here half an hour after you did:D
Welcome to the club, had a similar experience with the test rides just couldn't get to grips with the fat back end on the Hammer and the Jackpot however once I rode the Vegas I knew I just had to have one. Got the Vegas Pearl with stage one tune and black shotguns. I've ridden Harley's and still have a Triumph but in my view The Victory's are in another league. Enjoy the rides.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts