Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Vic Cross Country Classic at a dealer that is about 150 miles away from me (hermitage pa) . The add on their web page listed the bike at $14,999. Called and spoke to salesman who informed me that the price include dealer prep and destination charges, all that would be xtra is doc fees and taxes. asked if there was any wiggle room on the price , was told that the owner would be in later and he would get back to me.

Later in the day we spoke and the owner said " the $14,999 price was for the February rebates only" and the new price is now $17,999. Obviously I told him I would pass but, after doing some research Victory rebates are still in effect and I could find no different rebates for the month of February. Never seen a $3000 rebate anywhere. IMO they had this bike sitting around as a left over and when someone became interested they jacked up the price. After stewing for awhile I called the 1 (877) 737-7172 number on the Victory web site to voice my displeasure with my first experience with a Victory dealer.

I am waiting patiently for a return call from a Victory representative to discuss my current issue. My purchase of a Victory Motorcycle is currently on hold.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Yeah, that's frustrating but, decent cycle dealers are few and far between. Doesn't matter what brand they have on the floor.

Hope it works out.

cheers

·
Registered
679 Posts
I found a Vic Cross Country Classic at a dealer that is about 150 miles away from me (hermitage pa) . The add on their web page listed the bike at $14,999. Called and spoke to salesman who informed me that the price include dealer prep and destination charges, all that would be xtra is doc fees and taxes. asked if there was any wiggle room on the price , was told that the owner would be in later and he would get back to me.

Later in the day we spoke and the owner said " the $14,999 price was for the February rebates only" and the new price is now $17,999. Obviously I told him I would pass but, after doing some research Victory rebates are still in effect and I could find no different rebates for the month of February. Never seen a $3000 rebate anywhere. IMO they had this bike sitting around as a left over and when someone became interested they jacked up the price. After stewing for awhile I called the 1 (877) 737-7172 number on the Victory web site to voice my displeasure with my first experience with a Victory dealer.

I am waiting patiently for a return call from a Victory representative to discuss my current issue. My purchase of a Victory Motorcycle is currently on hold.
Don't hold your breath while waiting, or you'll need a call in heaven or hell wherever you end up. It isn't a Victory item is is just another shitty dealer bait and switch that like said before happens with all brands. I am fortunate to have THREE good Vic dealers all within a 50 mile radius, that I trust and have no problems supporting.thumb up

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If there is nothing in the ad saying it was only applicable in Feb and based on Feb rebates only, I'd think you have the upper hand and should get it for the advertised price.

If nothing else, I'd be inclined to report them for false advertising or something.

Example...

Few years ago I saw a specific drill press in a store with a sticker on it advertising a discounted price which also included a drill press vise. So I bought it but before I did, I did some on-line research and there was no mention of the vise (which was worth $35). So, when I made the purchase, I took a pic of the ad. Got the package home and sure enough... no vice.

Went back to the store, showed them the ad, they did some checking and immediately removed the ad, trying to tell me it was a mistake.

I said... too bad, I have the pic of the ad and you have to honor it.

A month later I got my vise.

Point being, if it's advertised as such, it has to be honored.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Wes is right- they won't actually do anything about it- but you are still correct in reporting them.

Although you will get nothing visible in terms of action- they track & compile all this stuff. Move on to the next one.

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
Every state (and many counties) have a consumer protection department in their Attorney General's office. Look that up and contact them for advice / report.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys. You can bet that dealer will never see a dime of my money.

Put a deposit on a used 2012 cross roads today.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Every state (and many counties) have a consumer protection department in their Attorney General's office. Look that up and contact them for advice / report.
This too. It's worth a email contact form to mess with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts