Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw somewhere that there are 10 dealerships that sell Indian and Harley together , thought that was odd so I looked for Dealerships that sell Victory and Harley together. Found one "Baer" in Honesdale Pa. Maybe theres more

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmm, that would make a fun day trip for me living here in Lebanon PA. The only dealer that I've ever seen that had Harley + any other bike was the Salt Lake city HD dealer. They had an Indian dealership in a separate building but same owners, parking lot, etc.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I saw somewhere that there are 10 dealerships that sell Indian and Harley together , thought that was odd so I looked for Dealerships that sell Victory and Harley together. Found one "Baer" in Honesdale Pa. Maybe theres more
There's a Harley/Victory dealer in Fairbanks, Alaska. I visited there... think their tshirts bill them as "the world's northernmost dealership" or something like that.

I imagine they do a brisk business in winterizing equipment and gear.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mancuso Powersports Gulf Freeway between Galveston and Houston. They also sell Hondas and Can Ams.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool

Just seems like it would be hard to have em in the same dealership. How are you gonna cut down the other brand when you sell both ? I know some Harley people who wouldn't think of walking in there if they knew Victorys were there too. A Harley dealer in Ashboro NC had an almost new Kingpin someone traded in that was posted on ebey and when I went to check it out they couldn't find it at first . One of the morons had parked it in a place they called the hole. Its where they put the junkers that they don't want people to see , the bikes were packed in there so tight you couldn't get to it without moving everything outside. The idiots had a 1 year old bike with around 2k miles on it pushed up in there like a dirt bike or something. Ive got nothing against harlies , but that dealership is pittifully stupid.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Baer has separate showrooms for each [Victory/Harley]..
I bought one Victory and two Harleys from them, Plus a few atv's and a side-by.. Great people they've been in the same spot since 1956...
They told me they would like to get the Indian line but don't have the recommended room..

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hmm, that would make a fun day trip for me living here in Lebanon PA. The only dealer that I've ever seen that had Harley + any other bike was the Salt Lake city HD dealer. They had an Indian dealership in a separate building but same owners, parking lot, etc.
Just an fyi.....Baer is closed on Sunday's & Monday's.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
good deals

i bought my still new with 8xx miles 13 hammer with stage I tri-pro at whites harley in lebanon. they gave me a great deal trading my 06 sporty, $5,000 out the door. seems they wanted that Vic gone ASAP, it was just traded on a loaded bagger. the former owner was picking up his bagger same day, he was getting more bling put on before he took it home. i rode the sportster in with title + checkbook, rode the Hammer home smiling all the way!!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Baer has separate showrooms for each [Victory/Harley]..
I bought one Victory and two Harleys from them, Plus a few atv's and a side-by.. Great people they've been in the same spot since 1956...
They told me they would like to get the Indian line but don't have the recommended room..
Great Dealership !! Its where I purchased my bike last April.....
I live about 25 minutes from them.....visit often !!

Peter

·
Registered
15 Posts
+1 for Baer's. Nice folks there. Their labor rate, at $70 p/hr, is the lowest I've seen in the area.

Regarding them taking on Indian, it is true that between their Victory and Polaris lines they don't have much room left. And I don't think they have anywhere to expand to either. That being said, if they wanted to make it work I'm sure they would have. This is purely my opinion, but, when I spoke to them about it, I kinda got the impression they were taking a wait and see approach to Indian. They didn't seem to eager to buy into all the hype around Indian sales just yet. Again, no one said anything specifically, but that was the impression I got.

·
Premium Member
13,698 Posts
From what I understand; the different brands need to have a certain amount of floor space all its own. Like maybe walk in the front door and go left for Harley and Right for Victory/Indian/Honda, etc.

Some brands are less demanding than others. I was in a dealership in Bakersfield last week helping a friend pick up a 10 Tri-Glide. They had a large open space and many different brands; Victory included. Heckuva selection with used Harleys and other brands and new BMW's, Victory's, KTM, and Polaris' off road 4 wheelers.

There was one used Honda Fury there. I gotta say if Honda had come out with the Fury 4 or 5 years earlier; I bet they would have sold a bunch of 'em. Unfortunately they came out just as the chopper fad at the time was winding down. Too bad too because I really like seeing the choppers around.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mom's South in Foxboro, MA (largest Vic dealer) sells Vics, Indians, and whatever rifraff that gets traded in towards Vics and Indians... But I am sure that is the case with most dealerships.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Same at an Indian/Victory dealer in Lafayette, IN (where I purchased my used 2011 XC). They are actually dealers of new Indians, Victorys, and Triumphs. They do sell HDs; however, those are all used from trade-ins or consignments; but there are just as many used HDs as there are new Vics or Indians. But they also used to be an HD only dealership a couple years ago.

But I like the idea of having all things under one roof, it's always been nice to go there and see each kind of bike they have; and the open door policy to walk anywhere and everywhere in the building (including the shop) freely is very welcome.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Same at an Indian/Victory dealer in Lafayette, IN (where I purchased my used 2011 XC). They are actually dealers of new Indians, Victorys, and Triumphs. They do sell HDs; however, those are all used from trade-ins or consignments; but there are just as many used HDs as there are new Vics or Indians. But they also used to be an HD only dealership a couple years ago.

But I like the idea of having all things under one roof, it's always been nice to go there and see each kind of bike they have; and the open door policy to walk anywhere and everywhere in the building (including the shop) freely is very welcome.

Ride Now Powersports in Ocala, FL also has Indian/Victory/Triumph although they have more HD Trade Ins on the floor ( Mostly Indian Trades but a few for Victory and Triumph too) .. Great selection if was shopping for a low mileage used Harley ..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yep in Calgary, Shaganappi Motorsports sells new HD's and Indians out of the same building. Victory is a separate dealership.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I saw a Harley sign that also had a Polaris dealer in the same building....

But think of this.... We all complain about the lack of Vic dealers. So here is a plan..

Put Vic dealers in with Harley dealers....
No wait
It's a great idea...

There would be Vic dealers everywhere.....
Think of it

The Harley crowd can make the dealership wealthy and we Victory people would have a place to go if you ever need a part or what ever ...

We both win...............

1 - 20 of 21 Posts