Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I can only speak for myself but all I read about Victory HID was positive. He was a member here and offers a lifetime guaruntee.
Good lck with whatever you choose.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
I can only speak for myself but all I read about Victory HID was positive. He was a member here and offers a lifetime guaruntee.
He's still a member he's an administrator/moderator.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks! I'm just curious if the start up specs are lower than other companies or its just comparable to others. Everything I read was also positive.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Thanks! I'm just curious if the start up specs are lower than other companies or its just comparable to others. Everything I read was also positive...
I'm curious, why would you assume the specs are lower? Is it the price?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
More expensive must mean better quality!!! Hint hint CR. That being said VicHiD's loyal followers would get the same great deal.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just for me like that he is fast at responding to any questions you have. He is quick on shipping, and he offers lifetime warranty. I have both low and high beam from him and could not be happier. He even built a kit for my buddy's 2015 street glide. Find all of that from someone else.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
When I say start up specs i mean like the amount of power it uses when it first comes on not the over all quality of the product.
The kits I provide have evolved over time. Changes are always being made and these changes are always geared to eliminate issues and be a better fit for the Victory setup. I keep track of all failed units, and always look to upgrade or improve parts that have proven to be trouble makers. I would assume other companies do this too, but as far as I am aware, no other company is fully dedicating their product development to be a better fit for Victory motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
CR's Vic HID kits are fantastic, I bought hi and lo beam for my Vegas in the blue spectrum.
Brilliant daytime recognition visibility and nice bright light spread on lo-beam.
Hi- beam takes a few seconds to reach full brilliance the first time its armed , then after that flicks lo-hi-lo-hi are instant.
Hi beam has a very bright and clean light with excellent penetration.
The light is so good you need to ensure its aimed correct, personally I set up the aim on low beam a few inches below centre at 7metres from a wall and then hi-beam is great and low beam dont offend 95% of oncoming traffic.
When starting your bike allow the time it takes for your fuel pump to arm before hitting the starter or your starter can rob the light of startup energy and your light wont operate, so just wait those coupla seconds at startup.
My bike when first arming hi-beam has a split second hiccup as if one spark plug dont fire for one revolution of the engine its very minor and only the very first time I go to hi-beam at night under load,...haven't heard anyone else mention that so it may be just my bike exhibiting that behavoir.
Victory HID is the best upgrade moneywise and safetywise that you can make!

·
Registered
54 Posts
CR's Vic HID kits are fantastic, I bought hi and lo beam for my Vegas in the blue spectrum.
Brilliant daytime recognition visibility and nice bright light spread on lo-beam.
Hi- beam takes a few seconds to reach full brilliance the first time its armed , then after that flicks lo-hi-lo-hi are instant.
Hi beam has a very bright and clean light with excellent penetration.
The light is so good you need to ensure its aimed correct, personally I set up the aim on low beam a few inches below centre at 7metres from a wall and then hi-beam is great and low beam dont offend 95% of oncoming traffic.
When starting your bike allow the time it takes for your fuel pump to arm before hitting the starter or your starter can rob the light of startup energy and your light wont operate, so just wait those coupla seconds at startup.
My bike when first arming hi-beam has a split second hiccup as if one spark plug dont fire for one revolution of the engine its very minor and only the very first time I go to hi-beam at night under load,...haven't heard anyone else mention that so it may be just my bike exhibiting that behavoir.
Victory HID is the best upgrade moneywise and safetywise that you can make!
All good info there, and speaking of the hiccup, has anyone found a way to prevent the radio reset when first activating these high beams? It doesn't happen every time but it does almost every time but like Motor said, once it's been fired up and warmed, so long as you don't leave it off an extended period, it'll fire right up without hiccup at all. I love the light but the radio reset is a bit irritating (I get irritated easily).

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
I've been running the HID's from CR since shortly after he started selling them and both have been fantastic on both bikes. I haven't had any issues with the radio or the light not coming on. Excellent visibility at night. Just can't go wrong; especially for the price.

Hey CR! We miss you around here. Stop in and drop a post now and then, eh! Is your XR getting any seat time now that you have a fancy dancy new Chieftain? Kinda envious of your Chieftain since I test road them at the Phoenix Bike Week.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I also have his hid set up for 2years now. Great product and cross roads will help you out if you have any problems. This guy stands behind his product. Trust us, its a no brainer

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
All good info there, and speaking of the hiccup, has anyone found a way to prevent the radio reset when first activating these high beams?
I ran a 12g fused power lead for the lights direct from the battery. I set relays under the fairing and use the factory high beam switch to trigger the relay and the direct 12g lead from the battery to provide the juice to the high beam HID.

No more tripping out the radio.

My bike came with factory low beam HID so I cured a low beam issue while I was at it by adding a dedicated switch and relay for it. Again, I used the 12g direct lead for light power but for the switch I piggybacked off an always on circuit.

That little blue backlit button in the pix is my low beam off/ on switch. I turn off the headlight to start because these motorcycle electrical systems are marginal at best. You can tell marginal. That's when you put on your high beam and your radio dies. Plus HID's, hell most lighting solutions like ample power when firing up. Sharing that power with the starter is tough on lights and not a lot of fun for starters either.

My factory switch still selects for high or low beam and no more overloads. The trigger circuit that uses the bikes factory wiring and factory relay is using gobs less juice and the dedicated lead that does need a lot of power to bring the lights online is straight from the battery with no ability to rob power from other users (assuming your battery is on its game).

I do have to remember to turn the headlight off and on. I have been changing over to off/ on lights on all my bikes ever since the manufacturers took that control away from us. I don't forget to turn the light on... much. With an EFI bike I just tell myself that the whining of the fuel pump is the bike reminding me to use the damn light switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
I installed crossroads' Victory HID kits last week, if I can do it successfully anyone can.
The night vision is so much better, especially the low beam but also the hi.
Thanks crossroads!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ran a 12g fused power lead for the lights direct from the battery. I set relays under the fairing and use the factory high beam switch to trigger the relay and the direct 12g lead from the battery to provide the juice to the high beam HID.

No more tripping out the radio.

M
Thanks POP, I'll have to do that I guess, I was hoping to avoid a rewire but you're option sounds like the best option if I want to avoid the reset. Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I had the Vic HID hi/lo in blue on my Hammer and LOVED them. The only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger since switching to and XC is the radio issue. Does this problem still exist?

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
I had the Vic HID hi/lo in blue on my Hammer and LOVED them. The only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger since switching to and XC is the radio issue. Does this problem still exist?
Never had the radio issue myself. Maybe it's because I only run a lo beam HID. I also let the fuel pump fire up and finish then let the radio come on if I have it on. Even when I have jumped the gun; the headlight still comes on. I also run a Fosgate amp.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts