Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to service my calipers today to try and reduce brake drag. When I pulled the front caliper off (banjo still attached) I noticed only one piston was compressing when pulling the brake lever. It seems to be stuck in. Any tricks to pull it out without the piston puller pliers ? I sprayed some cleaner on it but can't seem to free it up. Was hoping to do this without separating the caliper halves and draining the fluid.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rtfm

Nevermind. Got it. Had a case of RTFM.

READ THE FUCKIN MANUAL

took off banjo and short bursts of air freed it up.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
everyone does it!

if all else fails read the directions, we all do it! i will remember your solution forums teach us thru others, thanks for posting the solution

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it says calipers and brake lines should be flushed and serviced at 12.5 miles. I'm almost at 28k and never did it. I was beginning to think my front rotor was warped from the odd braking feel in front....turned out only one piston was compressing while the other was stuck open....was simple really. I didn't replace seals or anything. ...nor did I separate the caliper. Just took off the banjo and removed caliper and a few short bursts of air where the banjo threads in shot the Pistons out....watch ur fingers ! I put a block of wood between them so they wouldn't shoot all the way out. Then I just cleaned the Pistons and filled/bled the line w dot4. Front brake is super tight now. Tons of pressure.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
NICE, good it all worked out..... brakes are "almost" as important as acceleration, :ltr::ltr::ltr:

Be safe out there mate

I printed the manual of Bbob links, on A3 size, not exactly the right year but that really does not matter....

thumb up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts