Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 victory highball
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 13 highball that has had work done to it. Was just dyno 2 days ago. Everything checked out. Runs excellent plenty of power, but when it’s cold outside it idles at 750-800RPM’s. And when I ride it it’s fine, but when I pull the clutch in to down shift as long as it’s fairly quick it won’t shut off. If I hold it in to stop it will shut off. This only happens when it’s cold. Help me understand this. On my stock 13 highball this never happened.

·
Premium Member
15,760 Posts
I have a 13 highball that has had work done to it. Was just dyno 2 days ago. Everything checked out. Runs excellent plenty of power, but when it’s cold outside it idles at 750-800RPM’s. And when I ride it it’s fine, but when I pull the clutch in to down shift as long as it’s fairly quick it won’t shut off. If I hold it in to stop it will shut off. This only happens when it’s cold. Help me understand this. On my stock 13 highball this never happened.
I think you answered your own question. You need to go back to your dyno guy so he can plug it in and see where the idle is set at when cold. It's also possible the clutch isn't adjusted properly. When you pull in the clutch lever how far do you pull it before you feel resistance? You should see 1/8 to 1/4" where the number 4 is in this picture.

·
Registered
2013 victory highball
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you answered your own question. You need to go back to your dyno guy so he can plug it in and see where the idle is set at when cold. It's also possible the clutch isn't adjusted properly. When you pull in the clutch lever how far do you pull it before you feel resistance? You should see 1/8 to 1/4" where the number 4 is in this picture.

i just got off he bike from a guy so not sure what’s done but the clutch is damn near the grip when I start feeling it. When it’s warm out it runs like a champ. The cold it hates.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
What work was done? Any mods to exhaust?

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Ok.
Some Vic’s do this when you modify the air intake and exhaust.
My wife’s and mine did. What fuel controller are you running?
Read through this thread, it’s not long. It will help you understand what is happening.
I’d start by putting the restrictor in the IAC and see where that gets you.
They are a couple of dollars at ACE hardware.

Reactions: ObiSteve and BBob

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Hope that thread helps or at least gets you going in the right direction. Be careful in heavy traffic and low speed turns till u get it figured out. Easy to go down if your leaned over when it stalls. Get the clutch in as soon as you can.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Our intake and exhaust are a lot different than what is on your bike. We had the problem onX bikes. I don’t recommend you use the map I provided in place of the map that was made on the dyno by whomever did the work . I do recommend that if the IAC mod doesn’t fix it completely to first save a copy of your existing map (always) so you can go back to what you now have now if need be, then add a little fuel in the zero throttle position column starting at 2500 rpm and down to idle, then load that in and see if there is further improvement.
See the maps posted in the thread. Typically back cylinder needs more fuel than front due to more efficient exhaust scavenging

Reactions: ObiSteve
1 - 10 of 10 Posts