Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao my name is Dante D'Antilio. I purchased my 1999 V92c about 7 years ago and loved it so much i shipped it to my home in Diamante Italy to help promote my new American restaurant here. Unfortunately have been having a few problems with it and cant seem to get any help here or from victory. Any help would be greatly appreciated, trying to save face in front of HD riders!
Quick background on bike; shipped from NY to Genova Italy last september. When it arrived belt was broke dont know how because i rode it to NY from Boston. no Victory support so ended up putting a HD belt on it to get it home. still on bike. bike currently has 20K miles
concerns: amps running at 4.7 to 15.4 so i burn lamps all the time which costs $ because im shipping from the states. have purchased 6 headlamps in as many months.
:third and forth gear skipping making it very difficult to pass or take hills. have to ramp up RPMs to 3K to prevent bucking in the trany.

Any help would be great. I contacted Victory and they kept telling me to contact a dealer, even though im in italy and there are none.
Of course these are the same people that told me the 1078 stamped on my steering column next to V92C was my Vin number!
BTW anyone know what that number means?
thanks Dante

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Welkome Dante, that sounds like a lot of minor problems ...
Amps,,, does the bike start ok? Could it be the battery or the regulator? Aperently stator could be responsible for fluctuations ....

Gear skipping, i read before on this forum regarding a shift-lever inside the primery, maybe that could be it ? Or how many miles on your oil ? Oil level ok ?

Your vin number, please search Bbob on this forum he has links to ALL workshop manuals ... Maybe also for your bike, I printed the 400 page manual on A3 size for easy reading

Also all repairs are explained very good in these manuals

Edit:
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=10829

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Vin number & model number left and right side has a different meaning,

Right # vin number
Left # model number

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
The 99 thru 2001 Vic's had transmission problems, usually associated with 3rd gear. Sounds like you're bike's tranny is suffering from this failure. :(

If you contact The Vic Shop (http://thevicshop.com/) Rylan can be a great resource and possibly give you some options. Good luck.cheers

·
Premium Member
12,993 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the reply. bike starts fine just the amps are always high and is cooking my lights. where is the regulator located? oil level is fine and i change often. just wish there was a mechanic around here that understands Victorys. and i wish victory customer service actually provided service. i know where the vin # is i just wanted to know what the 1078 stamped on steering column means

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
I read on this forum that it was a easy fix, but did you download the manual of Bbob ? Then after reading where the stator is etc, then as mentioned call or Email the guys above .... I do the same here, every problem is my own, the guys on this site helped me endlessly, and i started with the manual printing ....

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Any update my friend ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts