Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Victory, I'm the proud owner of a 2008 Vision, I bought it last week, I rode it once around the parking lot and then 402 miles home on I81. What an awesome ride this thing is on the interstate, I was smitten within the first 20 miles.

I live in Bangor, PA, a nice area to ride in, with plenty of twisting mountain roads starting literally at the end of my alleyway.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
That's a one heck of a first ride! Welcome to the forum sir. Post one more time so you can show us some photos of the bike!
Again, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and it was a great way to get aquainted with a new bike, Roanoke, VA to Bangor, PA on I81 and I78. The funny thing was that I told my wife ( who was driving her cage) to expect me to just ride a short time then pull off to relax and get some fuel, well 110 miles later the fuel light reminded me that I had to end my enjoyment at least for a few minutes..I totally forgot about stopping, it rides so nicely. I still need to practice my parking lot stuff, the Vision is a hell of a lot more bike than I'm used to (Vstar 650) and I'm a little shy at slow speeds but at cruise speed this thing is weightless.
Hopefully I can post some pics soon, but it's a standard black and silver 2008.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Thanks, and it was a great way to get aquainted with a new bike, Roanoke, VA to Bangor, PA on I81 and I78. The funny thing was that I told my wife ( who was driving her cage) to expect me to just ride a short time then pull off to relax and get some fuel, well 110 miles later the fuel light reminded me that I had to end my enjoyment at least for a few minutes..I totally forgot about stopping, it rides so nicely. I still need to practice my parking lot stuff, the Vision is a hell of a lot more bike than I'm used to (Vstar 650) and I'm a little shy at slow speeds but at cruise speed this thing is weightless.
Hopefully I can post some pics soon, but it's a standard black and silver 2008.
My trip home from the dealer on my XC was a smidge under 200 miles. I had to stop for gas once, but wasn't wore out like I was on the trip to the dealer (rode down on my old Highball). These big bikes do take a little getting used to, but like you said, they're a dream at speed!

That color scheme is awesome by the way!:ride:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rode 400 miles on my Vstar 650 one day, it was a great ride but we stopped every 75 miles or so and I still got off the bike limping and sore and exhausted, I crawled into bed and stayed there. I love that bike but it's not great for a long day in the saddle.
I rode the Vision 400 miles, 2 fuel stops only and I hopped off without the slightest soreness or tiredness, and started planning the rest of the day.

My trip home from the dealer on my XC was a smidge under 200 miles. I had to stop for gas once, but wasn't wore out like I was on the trip to the dealer (rode down on my old Highball). These big bikes do take a little getting used to, but like you said, they're a dream at speed!

That color scheme is awesome by the way!:ride:

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Gorgeous bike Mike. Welcome the the Clan for the Pacific Northwet.

·
12,970 Posts
Mike
did anyone tell you to check the mounting bolts on the back half of the front fender. There on the inside of fender. They're known to have been loose and fender brakes off.
I know its a 08 but take your vin number and go to dealer and see if all recalls were done to bike.
Your going to love the vision I love mine

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome from CT!!!!!! Thinking of a vision next myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read about the fender issues, I looked mine over pretty closely and can't find anything wrong with it. I asked the person I bought it from about this, he knew about the issue too, has been watching it.
Good idea with checking on recalls with a dealer, I'll do that when I get a chance.
I already love it, today I rode my Vstar and the whole way to work on the highway I was missing the Vision, I have it slightly taken apart to address some minor issues ( a burned up turn signal bulb socket is the most serious) that I found.

Mike
did anyone tell you to check the mounting bolts on the back half of the front fender. There on the inside of fender. They're known to have been loose and fender brakes off.
I know its a 08 but take your vin number and go to dealer and see if all recalls were done to bike.
Your going to love the vision I love mine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts