Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am riding around with Victory lowers on left and Cee Bailey Flector on right. First it's nite and day vs none. But there is more heat with victory lowers and does creat some air in top right so will require a purchase of the fairing lower to clean that air flow up. Looks. There is somthing about the forged bars. The open up the view of the 106 and with victory lowers now it's moved back and hides part of the motor.But they look nice and like the belong there vs flector just looks like a black blob. It's a tough choice. I think for the money the flector is giving a nice control on wind and keeps the heat down a little better but looks are a little disapointing. Will ride a little more today and take some temp differances and make a decision. Please share your thoughts. I was hopping this would be easy to decide but with my list of pro's and cons it's a tie

·
Registered
460 Posts
So I am riding around with Victory lowers on left and Cee Bailey Flector on right. First it's nite and day vs none. But there is more heat with victory lowers and does creat some air in top right so will require a purchase of the fairing lower to clean that air flow up. Looks. There is somthing about the forged bars. The open up the view of the 106 and with victory lowers now it's moved back and hides part of the motor.But they look nice and like the belong there vs flector just looks like a black blob. It's a tough choice. I think for the money the flector is giving a nice control on wind and keeps the heat down a little better but looks are a little disapointing. Will ride a little more today and take some temp differances and make a decision. Please share your thoughts. I was hopping this would be easy to decide but with my list of pro's and cons it's a tie
:worthless without:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks like you have the opaque black flectors? I have the dark smoke and think they look good on the bike.

·
Registered
566 Posts
It was a tough decision for me between the two as the forged bars look great. I went with the factory lowers for the locking storage and the iPhone connector not being in the saddlebag. The iPhone readily available has been a real plus when I have to pull over and get directions or change Pandora channels. Too much of a hassle with the saddle bags.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I returned the Victory hard lowers. Just love the look of this bike and with the victory lowers looks like a tour. The forged bars are beautiful and are very differant. So far now Cee Bailey wins :) Really starting to enjoy this bike now.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Tough call.
Both look good. I like the the hard lowers with the short windshield and no trunk. It's a different bike. And it nice to have the added amenities. But the look that drew me to the bike was the forged bars. I would keep them both and switch back and forth. Hard lowers in winter and forged bars in the summer.

·
Registered
243 Posts
JTD is close to introducing his new product ie lowers that fit into the forged bars. I've really liked the pic i've seen so far. It seems to fit into the bike vs being an add on the the bike. The vic lowers seem to be big and bulky and hide the engine. I'm hoping this will be an addition for those like my self that want a bit more wind protection w/out having to go the the vic lowers.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I have the dark smoke CB flectors and am happy with looks and performance. I live and ride mostly in the South so I intalled the summer panels. My last ride was down to Mobile, AL for a long weekend. Put on about 1200 miles cruisin at 85 with temps in the upper 70s to mid 80s. The flectors worked great with no noticeable buffeting or problems with radiant heat. The temps have jumped up into the 90s recently so I tilted the flectors to the forward position to increase airflow. Haven't had the chance to measure the difference on a long ride but I'll post again when I have news. Here's what my XC looks like with the CB goodies. These are the winter panels that I put on initially but switched out for the summer panels. These winter babies DEFINITELY will increase the amount of heat that you feel coming off the motor. Nice to have for you fellas up in the cold country!
013.jpg 014.jpg
016.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,188 Posts
Tough call.
Both look good. I like the the hard lowers with the short windshield and no trunk. It's a different bike. And it nice to have the added amenities. But the look that drew me to the bike was the forged bars. I would keep them both and switch back and forth. Hard lowers in winter and forged bars in the summer.
This is pretty much what I want to do but the fairing winglets and some fork lowers for the Summer work just fine. I would like to run the Forged crash bars though. They've saved me a few times but they don't work with the winglets. so I have to decide and budget a set of Cee Flectors or the new JTD lowers for the forged bars.

Both of 'em are about the same cost if you just go basic on the JTD. Price goes way up if you want all the goodies though.

First thing I need to know is if they will work in 115 degree heat without cooking myself or the motor.

Can anyone tell me if the Cee Flectors will work in that kind of heat?

·
Registered
221 Posts
oh where oh where

I've been waiting a long time for Cee Bailey's Cee Flectors. The brackets have been on back order. And then inferior brackets came in. So we are waiting again. I'm temped to take the fork wings off and ride around with the leather bra close out on until the Cee Flectors are in...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just thought I would add a couple of pics of my bike with the Cee Flectors installed. I think the look is pretty clean. The function is perfect for me. ImageUploadedByMO Free1363470935.435850.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1363470947.146266.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1363470960.636308.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts