Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new and am, unfortunately, unable to post to the original thread about this, but wanted to share my experience to help others.

Original thread:
http://www.victoryforums.com/34-victory-cross-country-cross-roads/5164-short-antenna-xc.html

My reply:

I, too, wanted to replaced the extremely long "whip" antenna. I purchased a very short antenna (I believe it was only 13" long) from Auto Zone. Receipt lists it as "AW-RMCF1 Metra Electronics/Raptor Antenna" for $11. It is quite a bit thicker than the stock, but looks great. It comes with adapters, however, none of them will work. I took an M6 bolt (yes, everything on the Victory is metric) and cut the head off it. It works perfectly. Note: to remove/install antenna, just remove the 2 bolts holding the saddlebag on the right side and let the saddlebag carefully hang to the side. You can then get in and remove the stock antenna with a small wrench. I have not noticed any difference in radio signal quality, but then again I primarily listen to music from my usb stick.

Also, note that Victory does now sell their own short antenna at $35 + shipping. Here is the link to it:
Shorty Antenna | Victory Motorcycles

Hope this helps someone!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Note that the short antenna definitely looks better in my opinion. However, I have noticed that weaker stations do not come in as good with this shorter antenna. It's not a deal breaker for me, as I tend to listen to music on an usb stick anyway.

Pics are in next post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts