Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a 03 Vegas that I then my wife rode for 7 years. Nothing but general maintenance. I had a 03 Touring Cruiser that I totaled in less than a year. Then a 04 Touring cruiser that always had shifting problems. I had it worked on several times and broke 4 or 5 belts on it. Then I bought the 2011 Cross country and have been riding it for over 9 years, nothing but general maintenance. KNOCK ON WOOD! I only have a little over 50,000 miles on the XC and If I still road like I did a few years back I would have over 100,000 miles on the scooter. I have had good luck with victory motorcycles except the 04 TC. It was a demo bike with a few hundred miles on it, so maybe that had something to do with it. Plus I did street race a lot back then on that scooter. The XC I haven't raced it, slowed down a little. But I do run it at 120 mph every now and then. Their use to be a group of guys I road with and we had what we called the 101 Club. We had a sticker that looked like a US highway sign with 101 Club on it. It all got started by Yankee Dave, he was originally from Minnesota. That's how he got dubbed with the Yankee which he hated, LOL. Dave said we are always riding over a hundred on any given day so let's start the 101 Club. He had the stickers made and we put them on our windshields. If anyone wanted one we had to witness them doing at least 101 mph for a mile are so. So you would seen a lot of 101 stickers on scooter on bike nights. Yankee Dave died from a massive heart attach at the age of 52 about 12 years ago. Here is a picture of the 101 patch on a tee shirt from his benefit.

IMG_20200915_100257016.jpg

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had a 03 Vegas that I then my wife rode for 7 years. Nothing but general maintenance. I had a 03 Touring Cruiser that I totaled in less than a year. Then a 04 Touring cruiser that always had shifting problems. I had it worked on several times and broke 4 or 5 belts on it. Then I bought the 2011 Cross country and have been riding it for over 9 years, nothing but general maintenance. KNOCK ON WOOD! I only have a little over 50,000 miles on the XC and If I still road like I did a few years back I would have over 100,000 miles on the scooter. I have had good luck with victory motorcycles except the 04 TC. It was a demo bike with a few hundred miles on it, so maybe that had something to do with it. Plus I did street race a lot back then on that scooter. The XC I haven't raced it, slowed down a little. But I do run it at 120 mph every now and then. Their use to be a group of guys I road with and we had what we called the 101 Club. We had a sticker that looked like a US highway sign with 101 Club on it. It all got started by Yankee Dave, he was originally from Minnesota. That's how he got dubbed with the Yankee which he hated, LOL. Dave said we are always riding over a hundred on any given day so let's start the 101 Club. He had the stickers made and we put them on our windshields. If anyone wanted one we had to witness them doing at least 101 mph for a mile are so. So you would seen a lot of 101 stickers on scooter on bike nights. Yankee Dave died from a massive heart attach at the age of 52 about 12 years ago. Here is a picture of the 101 patch on a tee shirt from his benefit.

View attachment 252274
Good memories NAB, from a life on wheels. Good mates, good and bad bikes.

Reactions: NAB
1 - 2 of 2 Posts