Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a picture of it...I am wondering where they got that HEATSHIELD made at...or has Victory finally decided to release one...this one looks almost like an OEM part.

Anyone got any information on this...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Uhh oh.
Fringe AND a concho on a Vic. Say it ain't so.
Don't let SB and the utilicycle posse catch wind of this. It will be the sign, the end of days.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
To each their own and all but I'd prefer that not get mounted on my CCT.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not for looks, its for ergonomics. If I lived in Chicago...I probably wouldn't want it on my bike either, but in the South with heat indexes of 105-110 degrees...we could use it. I have one on my bike right now, but it looks like this one might fit better.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Wouldn't that side cover, being so much longer and larger than others I've seen, also stream more engine and exhaust heat under the seat? Thereby heating the seat up even more than it gets now. Victory Motorcycles has a new for 2014 Rear Engine Cover that I was told is mounted vertically on the left in front of the side cover. Seems that new cover would also exacerbate the heat under the seat issue.

On my CCT I added the heat barrier material Witchdoctors sells and installed the Victory seat 'air pad' and those two products seem to have greatly reduced the heat felt on the seat issue I had.

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
Hey! Cool! I thought I was the only one making them. I guess someone copied my design somewhat.

One thing the person using this on their bikes might want to think about is where this particular heat shield will put all that hot air. Yep. Right on to the passengers feet and ankles. Probably not a big deal on a short ride on a hot day but could be an issue for longer rides.

Arkie; have you been able to find out where this came from? I'd like to see more of it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob... I have not. I emailed the company selling the bike, but as of yet, not heard back from them.

By the way, I still have yours installed and it still works well. The only two things I would change (and you have changed one already)... are to:

1. Make the flaps a but more firm (thicker?). - (and you have done that).
2. Design it (if POSSIBLE) to lay under the seat instead of the tank so that maybe a "register" can be used to CENTER the shield. Sliding up under the tank as far as you can makes it tough to eyeball center sometimes...especially for an old codger like me. :)

If I find anything out...I'll let you know. I do agree with you though...I think your design with the longer wings will work better than theirs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts