Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if these kits fit the 2015 Gunner. On the victory website it says it does not but I thought it would since it is the same 106 engine?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Yes it will. That's typical with a new bike. If you bought a new '14 CCT a while back for example, and went online looking for accessories, a lot of them said it wouldn't fit but if you changed the year to the '13 it would say it fits. Same bike! They just didn't update their site for all the goodies. That's what you're experiencing. You can't go back to the previous year but none the less, you're good on the oil thumb up

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm piggy-backing on this thread so I don't have to ask a question that has already been answered.

I just did my first oil change on my Vision (2010). It was easy, but the kit (Victory oil change kit) had 3 gaskets in it (one rubber, 2 copper). I followed the instructions very carefully, making sure to note where any gaskets came off. There is only one on the Vision. It is the drain plug, which I replaced. The oil filter had one already on it, so I smeared a little oil on that one and replaced it, as I've done my whole life. There were 2 gaskets left. They look to be about the size of the filter screw (whatever that thing is called), but my bike did not have anything but the filter gasket, and it hasn't used a drop of oil since I bought it. I would like to confirm my suspicion that the other 2 gaskets are used on the 100 CI engine. Can someone tell me for sure? If I missed anything, I need to know, because I plan on a road trip tomorrow.

Here's a picture (the dime is for reference):

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
both 106 engines I had/have only took the one copper gasket for the drain plug. the others, it was explained to me, were for the earlier engines. Kinda a one kit for all Vic engines.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Check out your oil dipstick. I bet you will find a match for that rubber o ring.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Easy!!!

easiest oil change ever! after break-in its highly advised to go to Amsoil from our sponsor + a wix-victory filter

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
For how many miles is that filter rated? Amsoil is supposed to be good for, what, 10k? 20k? If the filter is only rated for 5-7k, then why switch to Amsoil?
:rolleyes:

wac

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
just change the filter!

on my car + pickup i run Amsoil for a year, rated for 25,000 with their filter, change filter @ 6 months using a wix. not many miles on them being retired. $7 for a wix or napa gold for the Hammer available most anywhere. having 2 bikes a bonneville + the hammer riding is unevenly split in the Hammer's favor. riding in PA is all but done for me + i have done my yearly oil + filter changes

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
easiest oil change ever! after break-in its highly advised to go to Amsoil from our sponsor + a wix-victory filter
Since when does a a sponsorship = good advice? If I had something to sell I might well become a site sponsor but would that suddenly make my product worthwhile? Amsoil does not have an oil that matches the OEM requirements of our bikes. A simple statement that Amsoil cannot prove is wrong because they simply do not have a spec matching product. They will tell you that they need not match the manufacturer's specs for one reason or another. Believe them if you want to.That does not make them right. Keep right on believing that 10W40 is the same as 20W40 if you want to but I am not ready to go there.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Since when does a a sponsorship = good advice? If I had something to sell I might well become a site sponsor but would that suddenly make my product worthwhile? Amsoil does not have an oil that matches the OEM requirements of our bikes. A simple statement that Amsoil cannot prove is wrong because they simply do not have a spec matching product. They will tell you that they need not match the manufacturer's specs for one reason or another. Believe them if you want to.That does not make them right. Keep right on believing that 10W40 is the same as 20W40 if you want to but I am not ready to go there.
Actually OM47 the 10 or 20 is insignificant and more of a marketing ploy. The 40 is most important as it is the weight of the oil when hot.aprox 220*.

The Full SYN vs SEMi is the real debate. In conversation with the higher powers it seem that our stock clutches are not up to the task using Full SYN oils. Especially in higher HP/TQ making motors and in time could result in clutch slippage.

Personnally I'm looking into Golden Spectro4 20/40 Semi Syn as my future oil as it is " Formulated for use in Victory and Indian" Besides its made in my home town in Brookfield CT!thumb up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts