Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2003 V92C with 27000 km. Want to do an oil change but am confused about the oil.I have had many different bikes but never had an issue with a good quality oil and filter,but in the case of the Victory it seems that most everyone stays with the Victory brand,is this really necessary .Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Just purchased a 2003 V92C with 27000 km. Want to do an oil change but am confused about the oil.I have had many different bikes but never had an issue with a good quality oil and filter,but in the case of the Victory it seems that most everyone stays with the Victory brand,is this really necessary .Thanks
Depends who you talk to. I use a qualty Aussie oil JASO MA rated

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Click here for 10 days 17 hours and 32 minuets worth of reading. :D

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
That may be true, but I noticed a hell of a difference from going from one oil to the other.

·
Registered
450 Posts
No, it is not necessary. Your owner manual tells you what the requirements are.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Not sure where you got that info from, I believe most people on here use something different.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Not sure where you got that info from, I believe most people on here use something different.

I used Vic oil from day 1 until about 15,000 miles (a few days ago).

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
You know! Truth be told, I bet we all could try using various brands of oil from unlabeled containers, and not be able to name that brand.
Kinda of like a taste test. ;)
count me out of that one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts