Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted others opinions on the best price for motor oil to be had. I paid from the Toledo Honda dealer with the online coupon $42.52 shipped for 5 quarts. Dealer wanted 11 bucks a quart before taxes. I think I did well but wondered if there is a better deal next time. Could have save more buying 55 gallons but....

another question, "ask one, get one free", the clunkiness of the shifting is there whether oil changed or not. Seems quiet shifting when bike is cold, so maybe oil thins out when warm is reason? No problem with sound but wondered.

maurice

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I wanted others opinions on the best price for motor oil to be had. I paid from the Toledo Honda dealer with the online coupon $42.52 shipped for 5 quarts. Dealer wanted 11 bucks a quart before taxes. I think I did well but wondered if there is a better deal next time. Could have save more buying 55 gallons but....

another question, "ask one, get one free", the clunkiness of the shifting is there whether oil changed or not. Seems quiet shifting when bike is cold, so maybe oil thins out when warm is reason? No problem with sound but wondered.

maurice
More details needed on the "online coupon". What was it for? Where did you get it?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More details needed on the "online coupon". What was it for? Where did you get it?
It was shown on this forum but cannot remember the thread. Somewhere way down. It was not for much I remember when I entered it, but the Honda dealer had a pretty good price. Should be simple, do you know of a better price than what I stated? thanks.

maurice

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Oil discussions in the past have covered all this several times over so I'm sure you can find all you need here:

http://www.victoryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25

What isn't discussed much is the fact that you can eliminate some of the clunkiness and all of the binding by making sure you keep your shift linkage lubed. Spray lube on the heim joints may not alwas be enough though. If the joints don't move freely take the linkage off and submerge the heim joints in lubricant until they move freely. Also make sure your shifter bushings aren't worn out. The OEM bushings are crappy plastic and wear out quickly; if your shifter moves morethan 1/4" to each side you may want to order a set of brass bushings from Witchdoctors.

·
13,236 Posts
Your profile doesn't say where you live.
Is there free shipping on line?
Doesn't your local guy sell oil at the same price? To save some money go to local auto parts and buy a wix oil filter p/n 51358. I'll bet that 60% of the guys that change there own oil use wix.
Gee a fifty gallon drum would be more a mess and hassle then what it would save you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your profile doesn't say where you live.
Is there free shipping on line?
Doesn't your local guy sell oil at the same price? To save some money go to local auto parts and buy a wix oil filter p/n 51358. I'll bet that 60% of the guys that change there own oil use wix.
Gee a fifty gallon drum would be more a mess and hassle then what it would save you.
Jax Florida, and shipping was about 10 bucks. No, dealer charged 11 bucks per quart before taxes as stated. oil filter I was going to use supertech, the longer. I think it is 7317 or close. thanks.

maurice

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Oil discussions in the past have covered all this several times over so I'm sure you can find all you need here:

http://www.victoryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25
I read through I think every page previously and did not see my question on best price. May have missed it, don't know.

What isn't discussed much is the fact that you can eliminate some of the clunkiness and all of the binding by making sure you keep your shift linkage lubed. Spray lube on the heim joints may not alwas be enough though. If the joints don't move freely take the linkage off and submerge the heim joints in lubricant until they move freely. Also make sure your shifter bushings aren't worn out. The OEM bushings are crappy plastic and wear out quickly; if your shifter moves morethan 1/4" to each side you may want to order a set of brass bushings from Witchdoctors.
I only have about 1140 miles on this new bike so that could still be the problem? But I will use this info when it has more miles. Thanks

maurice

·
Registered
229 Posts
my bike makes less noise the more miles i get on it. im only up to 7k but right around 4k the primary noise almost completely disappeared, it use to rattle alot around 1800rpms if i was kinda lugging the motor but even that is almost gone. switched to amsoil at5k and it got alittle smoother shifting but not by a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Okay so I have been seeing that everyone is trying to use our old coupons for the site. So we just went ahead and made a new one for forum members. The new code is VICTORYFORUM this will give an extra 5% off of the already 20% we offer through the site. There is no minimum need to use this code. Also this will only work for Hondaeasttoledo.com.

here is the coupon he used on our website. This is under the Authorized Dealer Threads. thumb up

·
Registered
336 Posts
Okay so I have been seeing that everyone is trying to use our old coupons for the site. So we just went ahead and made a new one for forum members. The new code is VICTORYFORUM this will give an extra 5% off of the already 20% we offer through the site. There is no minimum need to use this code. Also this will only work for Hondaeasttoledo.com.

here is the coupon he used on our website. This is under the Authorized Dealer Threads. thumb up
GOOD ON YAthumb up

I know i have dropped some coin with ya and have been very happy with the experiance.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
GOOD ON YAthumb up

I know i have dropped some coin with ya and have been very happy with the experiance.
I love to hear that people are happy with us! Means we are doing a good job to make our customers happy.

Also I know a lot of dealers are cutting their orders with companies down to only a few times a week. We order every day so that we get parts the fastest we can. cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts