Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to start doing my own oil changes and do not want to use a Vic kit to do them. Here I am with a crush washer in hand and a K&P filter so what I really still need is the oil itself. Sounds simple doesn't it? Does anyone have a good low cost source for the OEM Victory oil?

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I'll be ordering my OEM kits from Amazon

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i buy mine from the 55 gal drum my dealer has. or the 5 qt
jug some dealers carry.

·
12,972 Posts
There is that honda east here that give us 20% off

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know full well that Amsoil is fine for your bike but I want to use the Victory oil in mine.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gulf of mexico has all you need....i thank I'm funny.
I don't just want generic oil kevin. I am looking for Vic oil.
I will try Honda East VJ. I had forgotten that they work with us here.

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts
I don't just want generic oil kevin. I am looking for Vic oil.
I will try Honda East VJ. I had forgotten that they work with us here.
They're good to deal with I've bought a few things from them.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
OK I have to say it- this is an unusually "calm" thread for an oil discussion :)
Guess it's more about source than brand.....oh well, nothing to see here- move along........

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
I am ready to start doing my own oil changes and do not want to use a Vic kit to do them. Here I am with a crush washer in hand and a K&P filter so what I really still need is the oil itself. Sounds simple doesn't it? Does anyone have a good low cost source for the OEM Victory oil?
I have seen the Vic-Kit's in a Vicshop in Kuala Lumpur, I did not see the point in this kit same as you "Oldman", as the VICTORY oil filter has no plastic to close the filter, so I ordered K&N oil filters from the USA as they are closed by plastic inside the carton box.

I just order Vic Oil by BOX, so 1 box is 12 bottles, enough for 3 Oil-changes "or so I hope" and when this box is finished I will order 2 boxes so 24 bottles.....

So you guys cannot order ONLY oil?? as I read many posts about this KIT use.... just calculate what is cheaper, 3 kits or 12 bottles & 3 filters... (crush washer you can buy 12 in a dozen) and add all your shipping cost

Let us know your outcome ? wac

·
Registered
690 Posts
You can find the kits on eBay for fairly low prices too.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for that Vindex. I needed the chuckle.
My K&P oil filter is on the way and I already have a crush washer so all I really need is oil. It should be much cheaper than a whole kit but who knows about pricing these days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts