Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have ordered from both companies ... i ordered extensions among other things from victory only and some things from kewlmetal ... kewlmetal charges you for a 3 day ship well its been more like 3 weeks now and i have been waiting since april for my victory only order its now july !!!

i talked to the guy at victory only .. very nice guy .. he gets his products from kewlmetal and has been waiting for a couple months for a large order so not his fault but should inform customers..

i understand that they are swamped with orders but why charge for a 3 day ship if you don't have the product in ?? i would really like to receive what i ordered as i understand and have no problem with waiting but at least hit me with an email or something to keep me informed and don't charge a 3 day shipping charge [cheapest option they give] if you don't have products in stock ..

anyone else waiting for stuff

·
Registered
567 Posts
i have ordered from both companies ... i ordered extensions among other things from victory only and some things from kewlmetal ... kewlmetal charges you for a 3 day ship well its been more like 3 weeks now and i have been waiting since april for my victory only order its now july !!!

i talked to the guy at victory only .. very nice guy .. he gets his products from kewlmetal and has been waiting for a couple months for a large order so not his fault but should inform customers..

i understand that they are swamped with orders but why charge for a 3 day ship if you don't have the product in ?? i would really like to receive what i ordered as i understand and have no problem with waiting but at least hit me with an email or something to keep me informed and don't charge a 3 day shipping charge [cheapest option they give] if you don't have products in stock ..

anyone else waiting for stuff
I was..but after no response to e-mails I had my Credit card company cancel payment......lived and learned....never again....:mad:

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I too noticed the very high shipping charges from Kewlmetal. Over the holiday weekend I was going to order a bunch of stuff that would cost about $10 to ship with a Post Office Priority mail box and they wanted around $30. I decided to buy other stuff from someone else (Witch Doctor). I'll be up to Prescott, AZ in August so I'll just buy it then and save the money for gas to get there.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I missed it what did you order?
If you're talking to me Johnny; I didn't order anything. I'll be in the area of where his shop is in a couple of months and buy the stuff I wanted then so I don't have to pay for shipping.

Kewlmetal/Joe is great. No complaints about them at all except the shipping is not exactly in line with today's prices. I'm sure the box, labor to pack it, and packing stuff costs money too and I'm taking that into consideration.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm sure Kewlmetal is a good company and try to treat their customers with respect. Having said that, I tried to get some info regarding a backrest they make for the Vic Cross Roads. I started a thread on their message board in Jan and never received a response. I also sent PMs to 'mad matt' and 'big joe' and they did not respond.

Long story short, I would like to thank them because, as I just recently posted, I found a solution for the lock-and-ride passenger backrest that I had contemplated selling. I had a welder add 4 more inches to the height of backrest and the rest is history.

So, it worked out for the best but I personally will not do business with them.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I'm sure Kewlmetal is a good company and try to treat their customers with respect. Having said that, I tried to get some info regarding a backrest they make for the Vic Cross Roads. I started a thread on their message board in Jan and never received a response. I also sent PMs to 'mad matt' and 'big joe' and they did not respond.

Long story short, I would like to thank them because, as I just recently posted, I found a solution for the lock-and-ride passenger backrest that I had contemplated selling. I had a welder add 4 more inches to the height of backrest and the rest is history.

So, it worked out for the best but I personally will not do business with them.

Do you mean the luggage rack with backrest, because they don't make a backrest only.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you mean the luggage rack with backrest, because they don't make a backrest only.
Yes. I wanted to know the height of the backrest. I felt that that was a simple request. I was prepared to purchase the backrest and luggage rack. As it is, I modified the backrest and just purchased a rack from CycleOps. Like I said, it worked out for the best because I still have the detachable backrest. I don't know of anyone else that currently makes a detachable for the XC/XR. For me, it was the principle of it. Seems that most people have had good luck...unfortunately I was not one of those people.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I hate to say it especially because Joe has been a pretty good person to me over the years but your complaint has become very common. I've talked to Joe on a couple of occasions but nothing seems to be changing.

I know that part of the problem is Joe said he is having the busiest year in Kewlmetal's history. He is in development and R&D on a lot of products. He also caters to the HD crowd and thats keeping him busy.

I'm not making excuses just passing on what I was told.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I hate to say it especially because Joe has been a pretty good person to me over the years but your complaint has become very common. I've talked to Joe on a couple of occasions but nothing seems to be changing.
And that is the reason that I no longer order from either of these gentlemen....In the past I have either been ignored or plain outright lied to....That's fine with me there are others out there willing to give good service and receive good pay for the same....thumb up

·
Registered
27 Posts
Poor Service = Kewel Metal= Poor Quality

It only took me almost 4 months to get my highway lights, UGH!

Now after about 4 months the lights are not working, it has been several months now and still do not have replacements!

What poor service and poor quality, I just want to get my money back and buy lights from a reputable company. :(

My Victor Dealer will never recommend Kewel Metal products.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I purchased 4 LED bullet lights plus a mounting bracket from Kewlmetal. I received my order promptly. That was 18 months ago. The lights are very good quality and functional.

I will keep ordering from Kewlmetal.

I have had mixed experiences with Victory Only whereas I received the wrong part, sent it back at my expense and received another wrong part in return. The other 3 orders with Victory Only were ok.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Having read through this thread I wanted to mention something to you guys regarding shipping...
I don't know about KM or VO and their retail customer shipping rates, only KM's dealer shipping costs (you wouldn't like those either! :crzy:) but regarding our shipping let me say this... The shopping cart programs on vendor sites, mine included, flat out suck and accuracy isn't easily accomplished. It's due to some items going by weight, others by size, and then toss in flat rates and what does or doesn't fit into them and bamo, with different types of parts it's a major pain.
As far as CycleOps USA is concerned, know this... if a shipping calculation seems high, do not worry and go ahead and place the order anyway. Upon packing each and every order we automatically double check/recalculate the shipping, and if not correct, immediately apply a refund to you for the overage charged.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've been waiting like 4 months for an air ride kit for my Jackpot form KewlMetal now. One of the parts for the kit is back ordered. Big Joe told me I can have the kit for cost when it finally comes in so I'll wait it out a while longer. We'll see what happens.

Robb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts