Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thank God it's a story about paint - for a moment there I thought your bike was hurting!:smile

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thank God it's a story about paint - for a moment there I thought your bike was hurting!:smile
Funny how a single letter can remove a definition by such a distance.. :)

It's a pretty good move - marketing wise - by Victory.. Setting up a shop that close to Sturgis... Smart.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I love how the US is set out. From an outsider it seems no matter where in the US you go, across the country there is a population / city / town with great access and support.

Here is Australia if you go 150 miles outside the major cities you have pretty much nothing. Sure, we don't have many people but reading and looking at the Victory tuners it makes me jealous. I mean the Vic Shop has a good business and is in the countryside!

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
I love how the US is set out. From an outsider it seems no matter what in the US you go across the country there is a population / city / town with great access and support.

Here is Australia if you go 150 miles outside the major cities you have pretty much nothing. Sure, we don't have many people but reading and looking at the Victory tuners it makes me jealous. I mean the Vic Shop has a good business and is in the countryside!
Gimme Australia anyday mate!
Who wants big cities?
Gimme the wide open spaces anyday.
My Vicshops 60 miles away in Brisbane,
My dyno 10 miles.
3 minutes west is a winding mountain road that leads anywhere and 3 minutes east a golden beach with great surf.
Australias the place to be, southern Gold Coast hinterland especially!
And this weekend we got the. V8 Supercars racing at Surfers Paradise if yr into that. A world class dragstrip 90 mins west.
$10 lunches at the local pub. Lovely ladies everywhere.
The list goes on.
Im off for a ride :)

Reactions: Octavian

·
Registered
347 Posts
Who wants big cities?
My dyno 10 miles.
3 minutes west is a winding mountain road that leads anywhere and 3 minutes east a golden beach with great surf.
And this weekend we got the. V8 Supercars racing at Surfers Paradise if yr into that. A world class dragstrip 90 mins west.
The list goes on.
:eek ... ... ... ..:grin

·
Registered
35 Posts
O MAH GAD .....after that list I'm busy googling flights .....how many spare rooms yah have ?....bah who cares I'll just sleep on the grass ..lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
Who wants big cities?
My dyno 10 miles.
The list goes on.
There was an Australian Army medical unit in Baghdad one time when I passed through for a few days. There was not a single ugly woman in the unit and they were all friendly and giggled a lot. Yes, Australia has its benefits.

·
Registered
347 Posts
There was an Australian Army medical unit in Baghdad one time when I passed through for a few days. There was not a single ugly woman in the unit and they were all friendly and giggled a lot. Yes, Australia has its benefits.
:eek ..Beautiful Women? I remember those!!! Actually that's not fair. Mrs. Mark-B won Beauty Pageants way back when..

None recently tho' :crying

·
Registered
109 Posts
Who wants big cities?
My dyno 10 miles.
The list goes on.
Get out into the country MBX, I'm 65km to the nearest traffic light and another 35km to the next one. I live on the Oxley Hwy which, for our US friends is definitely a top 5 ride in Australia. 180km to the beach including over 300 corners in one 40km stretch.
Our girls are of the woolly, bleating kind. Out here we ride with gumboots on.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Get out into the country MBX, I'm 65km to the nearest traffic light and another 35km to the next one. I live on the Oxley Hwy which, for our US friends is definitely a top 5 ride in Australia. 180km to the beach including over 300 corners in one 40km stretch.
Our girls are of the woolly, bleating kind. Out here we ride with gumboots on.

is her name baaaarbara?

Just checking the Oxley Hwy out on the map and it looks like a magnificent ride!~.........I'll definitely get down that way before too long.
Is it a better run heading west or east?..from Waughope to the National Park looks fun:smile

·
Registered
109 Posts
is her name baaaarbara?

Just checking the Oxley Hwy out on the map and it looks like a magnificent ride!~.........I'll definitely get down that way before too long.
Is it a better run heading west or east?..from Waughope to the National Park looks fun:smile
It is best coming up from the coast.....uphill is more fun than downhill. Come & stay at our motel....you will be made welcome.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Well mate, thats a great idea, and yeah fanging it uphill is much more enjoyable.
So youre at Walcha I'd guess by those kilometers.
Which motel? There looks to be two or three.
That road is legendary.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well mate, thats a great idea, and yeah fanging it uphill is much more enjoyable.
So youre at Walcha I'd guess by those kilometers.
Which motel? There looks to be two or three.
That road is legendary.
Walcha Motel. Link is in my signature.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts