Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m going to be painting my fenders. exploring options .. Does anyone know what is used oem? Looks like vase coat clear coat to me. What is the kit paint? I think I would like catalyzed paint I,m thinking the shaker cans might not be very durable. Help

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Midwest Industrial Coatings is the OEM supplier. I don’t know if you can order direct, but there you have it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Epoxy and ureathane

Urethane is the way to go. Use an epoxy primer and follow the instructions. Spray Max makes a 2K (2 part) epoxy primer that comes in a can; puncture the catalyst by slamming the base of the can and then shake. The real secret is using oil and grease remover before, during, and after sanding. With urethane base/clear you can add effects like metallic, or candy to the clear coat. Effects are not hard or UV resistant like the clear so add a few more passes of clear for a top coat.
Enjoy the new paint job!

·
Registered
433 Posts
You really should buy it from Witchdoctors. I had a few questions and called the company on the can. They cleared up some fine points about the hard to spray Suede Pearl white and some other things. These people know Victory Factory Paint. Its what the Factory uses so I have a hard time going somewhere else. I actually know more about automotive paint than most people do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
OEM is where its at. They have more experience designing colors. Charlie Hutton has some nice earth tones, although I am having trouble finding the exact web page.
Regards, Brett

·
Registered
433 Posts
Midwest Industrial Coatings is the OEM supplier. I don’t know if you can order direct, but there you have it.
The contact info is there at Witchdoctors for these guys. MICA. My color is the Suede White Lightning Frost whatever. Very Hard Color to match if done sloppy. Last year I painted a fairing and a trunk. Im buying another kit from WD because I am adding X1 Lids, Vig Baggers Closeouts and fixing up some other things. $214 at WD compared to about $600 from a Vic dealer in CA.

When I get tired of this color Ill pick something from house of color. I know I can slap a chain across the tank and the paint wont crack : ) I am very impressed with the paint on these Vics. They are Hard too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts