Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dealer told me fri night that victory is 800 bikes behind
in production.he has 2 victories in stock and wants more.
good for victory.--irv

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Maybe they'll start hiring more people or open another plant. I hope the victory boom continues.

·
Premium Member
13,629 Posts
Yes. Good for Victory for getting the right combination of looks, ride, and handling together in their bikes as well as a reliable and easy to work on engine. I do wish the dealerships would carry some basic parts like gaskets and fork rebuild kits.

I like Harley's but the quality and upgradability just isn't there right now.

I've had to change some things like adding a back rest and recently ordering a new seat; but I'd probably have to do with any bike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My local dealer has sold 25 new Victorys since Jan of this year.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Lets see how do we keep the price up? Supply and demand dictates this. In January thru March it was low, as the weather gets nice all the want-a-bees get off their lazy asses and start shopping for a season ride. I did mine early so I got the bike at a discount with no waiting. The new looks of the Victories is more appealing than earlier models which is making the demand higher. The cost is still low compared to the competition which is changing as the days go by. So if you believe your dealer it is hard to find a bike, I would go shop at another. I drove 135 miles and saved $1500. Most of them are off of the used car lots anyways. Next thing they will do is mark them above retail. When the snow is a flying is the best time to buy a convertible. cheers

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
It would be nice if the dealer would actually stock repair parts and even some upgrades like the Cross Bike saddle bag bars. Having to wait for over a week for a bike is, IMHO, ridiculous. Every dealer should be well stocked from the manufacturer unless it is the manufacturer not ordering the bikes to avoid having overhead int he shop.

·
Premium Member
13,629 Posts
I ordered mine a month ago and it only took a week to get. Maybe my dealer had a connection. Not sure.
Might have gotten it from another dealer who had the one you wanted on the floor. They do that all the time to help move the bikes and get the customer what they want asap.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lets see how do we keep the price up? Supply and demand dictates this. In January thru March it was low, as the weather gets nice all the want-a-bees get off their lazy asses and start shopping for a season ride. I did mine early so I got the bike at a discount with no waiting. The new looks of the Victories is more appealing than earlier models which is making the demand higher. The cost is still low compared to the competition which is changing as the days go by. So if you believe your dealer it is hard to find a bike, I would go shop at another. I drove 135 miles and saved $1500. Most of them are off of the used car lots anyways. Next thing they will do is mark them above retail. When the snow is a flying is the best time to buy a convertible. cheers

how did you find out im a lazy ass wanna be? just because i bought
my first victory in march and started researching it in jan this
year. i never told anyone[jokes and fun]
of course i bought a leftover '11. only one they had left.--irv

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've bought two new vics and many many other bikes. New bikes are always bought at the end of the season and at a discount. I also like to keep a cheap second bike ( present bike is a 919 03 Honda ) which I buy from private owners who need the money.
Been working for me for years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts