Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am the proud owner of a beautiful '03 Anniversary HD Ultra and love the bike, hate the workmanship and the "Holier than thou" attitude of the HD dealers when you have a legitimate complaint.

Soooooo....., I'm looking to buy a new 2012 XC or XCT after Daytona 2012 and was thinking 'bout renting one for Bikeweek 3/10 - 3/17 2012.

Anyone here know of any dealers that might be renting in Daytona?
Or maybe a purchase with delivery in Daytona and then I'll ship it back with my local bike shipping company. Any help advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am the proud owner of a beautiful '03 Anniversary HD Ultra and love the bike, hate the workmanship and the "Holier than thou" attitude of the HD dealers when you have a legitimate complaint.

Soooooo....., I'm looking to buy a new 2012 XC or XCT after Daytona 2012 and was thinking 'bout renting one for Bikeweek 3/10 - 3/17 2012.

Anyone here know of any dealers that might be renting in Daytona?
Or maybe a purchase with delivery in Daytona and then I'll ship it back with my local bike shipping company. Any help advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,
http://www.eaglerider.com/destinationdaytona/vehicle-list.aspx

PICK-UP CITY:
Kissimmee, FL
PICK-UP DATE AND TIME:
3/10/2012 @ 9:00 AM
RETURN CITY:
Kissimmee, FL
DROP-OFF DATE AND TIME:
3/17/2012 @ 9:00 AM

They have a Cross Country, Vic Vision, and Vic Cross Roads available.

Kissimmee, FL is about 80 miles southwest of Daytona Beach.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
790 Posts
accu1:

Why don't you do the demo test ride first in your area or close by to see if you like it first, then BUY one if you like it here so you can put the rental costs toward the bike?

Driving one at Daytona isn't the same. The crowds, traffic, stop and go, you'll never get the true idea and feel of the bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
accu1:

Why don't you do the demo test ride first in your area or close by to see if you like it first, then BUY one if you like it here so you can put the rental costs toward the bike?

Driving one at Daytona isn't the same. The crowds, traffic, stop and go, you'll never get the true idea and feel of the bike.
I did test ride one during the '09 Daytona bike week. I was very impressed then but not in the market for a new scoot at the time.
I was thinking about that and will probably contact a few dealers in the next month or so and find out if there may be some program for a Fly & buy deal. I've outgrown the need to be on a an HD. My need now is for, comfort, performance, dependability, technology, durability, and the allure of having something other than a cookie cutter machine that everybody else has.

·
Registered
790 Posts
My need now is for, comfort, performance, dependability, technology, durability, and the allure of having something other than a cookie cutter machine that everybody else has.
Then you picked the right bike, and the 2012 is even sweeter with the reworked tranny and ABS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts