Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a friend of mine bought a brand new Cross country last year but he has had a tough time holding the weight of the bike at stops (hes quite a bit older than me). He decided to sell it last month (it had 12000mi on it) and literally sold it for just over $22K CAD (thats $17K US) speaking to a local dealer here Victories are really holding their value in our market. With all the stories of the bottom falling out on the resale of Victories down south this caught me off guard. My friend had 6 other people intrested in it as well and all were willing to pay that price.

Anybody else seeing this?

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Well Im keeping mine.
Gotta be good for sellers I suppose.
On the other hand dropping "values" make cheaper Victories for buyers.
Works both ways.
True Value is in riding not selling.
Ride On
VICTORY--We Ride!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, don't worry. I have no plans to sell my Vision. Just was surprised at what seems to be a huge demand for Vic's and short supply keeping the value high.

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's not good news for me. I was hoping they would be absolutely worthless to the point people were paying me to take them off their hands. Damn my luck!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
You can't give one away in my neck of the woods. Hell, they weren't selling many down here when they were still in production.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I hope to keep riding mine for a long, long time. Resale value isn’t a matter of interest to me.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
So if I decide to sell it I need to list it up there I guess. When I look here in Fla prices are kind of all over. The non baggers seem to be going kind of cheap, depending on what area your looking. The touring bikes seem to be staying higher.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Part of the problem is the group who jumped ship right after the anouncement. Many people dumped them for way to little. I think the prices have rebounded a bit but still low. So I am keeping mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts