Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HD riders seem to have lots of tattoos, long beards, and wear little to no gear. The Victory riders I see have no visible tattoos, little to no facial hair, and wear somewhat proper gear.

Is this observation in fact true, or have I not see enough Victory riders to form a better conclusion?

I love my Victory and am proud to own and ride it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
HD riders seem to have lots of tattoos, long beards, and wear little to no gear. The Victory riders I see have no visible tattoos, little to no facial hair, and wear somewhat proper gear.

Is this observation in fact true, or have I not see enough Victory riders to form a better conclusion?

I can't speak for everyone but I have a beard and sometimes long hair.... Sometimes I let it go sometimes i cut it off. No tats. No gear.

Honestly I do not see many victorys on the road so its kinda hard to say what average vic rider looks like.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
It's wrong to put people in categories based on superficial observations, but that being said, your observations are correct. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess you'll just have to go to the next Victory Rally to find out. :D
But will I be the only woman there?? LOL!

For the record, I suppose I don't exactly fit the "victory mold" that I have defined, as I have two tattoos, and thinking about a third! But finding a hidden tattoo can be a sexy thing, right??? :D

·
Registered
567 Posts

Sorry to tell you but I have a beard, and Tats (firefighter ones at that) and am proud of what I do, how I do it and who I do it for...as well as what I choose to ride....it isn't the bike that makes a person a dirt bag.....that distinction belongs solely to the person....And just for the record the word is "acceptable" NOT exceptable......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
After I got rid of my previous bike, I was actually asked by a rider " Now that u ride a Victory, what are you supposed to wear?" I told him "any F&^cking thing I wanted..just like before!:cool:

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
How's this for VICTORY RIDERS:
sonnybarger_selfedge_forweb-6.jpg
Victory-Motorcycles.jpg

and HARLEY RIDERS:
kidonbike.jpg
Harley.jpg

:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
The majority of riders I see have tats and don't wear the correct gear. I have tats, facial hair and don't wear the protective gear.

·
Premium Member
13,709 Posts
CR: Thanks for the pic of Sonny Barger on the Vision. It's always good to have proof.

The X Bones is the one HD I would still like to have. If I get a nice windfall I'd like to get one of those and a High Ball. If I could only have one; it would be the X Bones. Then I'd have two X bikes from very different worlds.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Over here we get two types of cruiser riders, club guys with cut offs / beards / silver jewelry...non club riders tend to be more reserved in their appearance.

Me...draggin jeans / leather jacket / full face helmet / gloves - very little hair but lots of tats!

·
Registered
476 Posts
The guys I see regularly are in the air force, so they don't have long hair,or beards, maybe some tats, but it's sleeves down year round for them. As for me, a grey goatee and no tats, and short hair. As little gear as I can. Summer time t shirt, jeans and shorty helmet. Winter, chaps jacket full face, and anything else I need to keep warm.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have two full sleeves, ride in whatever i feel like....shorts, chucks, half helmet, underware, whatever. Ride and look however you feel comfortable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Old H-D rider here. No tats, beard or pirate outfit and almost always sporting at least a half helmet if not my FF. No rain gear though, no where to keep it on the current scoot... Just rode home in a helluve T-storm though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here in Texas, I see both side of the spectrum no matter what the make of the bike. That being said, I have noticed that the Harley riders are more diversified in ethnic groups. I don't see the diversification when it comes to the Victory riders. I see only white Victory riders and it begs the question of how many other different ethnic groups ride Victorys? The percentages must be low.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Got tats, beard, attitude and wear gear. Been riding like this for 45 years.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have no tats, no hair, but I do have a grey beard. If I had hair, I might grow it long, but that is wishful thinking. I never ride without a helmet, but that is about it other than boots. As for other Vic riders, I have not seen many around here. I think there are plenty of biker types regardless of the brand.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's def hard to lump vic riders in any sort of category. My buddies and I have tons of ink, hair, no hair, beards, shaven, etc. Pretty well rocking a vest and a half helmet at all times as well.

Ride on.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts