1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
That really is a cool looking bike- having the underslung fuel tank is awesome and something they should do for production if it goes that way. Same with the full colour digital speedo.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Wicked!!! :D thumb up

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've not only ridden Pikes Peak but I've spent a lot of time on Cafe Racers and even tracks in my younger years. From a riders standpoint that is one INTENSE video!!

·
13,251 Posts
Looks like Victory found a way to get rid of the dam IAV

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
I've not only ridden Pikes Peak but I've spent a lot of time on Cafe Racers and even tracks in my younger years. From a riders standpoint that is one INTENSE video!!
Yeah he's really working it for every engine revolution and every inch of the track, I heard a rev limiter come in at one stage, the riders ten-tenths and the bikes a humming!
Seemed to me the front wheel was coming up outta some of the corners too.
Yee-Harrr!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
From my armchair it seemed like a conservative practice run- i know you want to carry speed (slow is smooth & smooth is fast) but it looked to me like he was coasting uphill a lot rather than staying on the power until the absolute last second and braking hard/late apex entry-maybe I've been watching the Isle Of Mann TT to much this week but it seems like there's more in that bike than he's usin'.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
From my armchair it seemed like a conservative practice run- i know you want to carry speed (slow is smooth & smooth is fast) but it looked to me like he was coasting uphill a lot rather than staying on the power until the absolute last second and braking hard/late apex entry-maybe I've been watching the Isle Of Mann TT to much this week but it seems like there's more in that bike than he's usin'.

Yeah I felt the same way... I have never road raced professionally though so I am not sure what's real fast or not.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
This bike has got eyes on it from a lot of directions. As many people are involved in how the bike appears as are in how it is built.

This ain't two pals in a van with a case of Bud and a box of Craftsman tools. This is the show and if Polaris didn't want you to see this vid, you wouldn't. The important thing isn't that questions get asked on a riders forum. The important thing is that questions get asked at Duc, and Honda and even the black and gold and other players who may not have a dog in the fight but do have a fight with the dog.

Somebody is spooling through this vid frame by frame and running numbers based on a wealth of data that's conveniently provided thanks to the digital tattletail and the familiar topography. It's cake to triangulate and then project numbers Or is it?

I think what I would let the world see and what actually is would probably be two different things, at least until race day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts