Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Crossroad Classic has the Vic keyless ignition alarm system installed. The manual although thorough does not answer all my questions so I am putting it out to the faithful for some answers.

1. Does the alarm if triggered shut down the ECU so that the bike will not start? Does it automatically reset after a period of time. Last week (see "Hot No Start" thread) I had an unexplainable no start. Bike turned over but no fuel pump and possibly no spark. 12 hours later the bike miraculously started and has been running fine. Upon reflection I may have felt the key fob vibrating while I was in the restaurant.

2. I want to wire up a GPS unit but need to obviously disconnect the battery to hook it up. Can I just disconnect the battery then reconnect or will this play havoc with the alarm system.

Thanks, Tim

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
What was the hard part of getting a second Scorpio fob? They seem to be readily available on their website. Though that doesn't mean the right one is in stock when it's needed.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Yea, it makes sense Polaris would have been an issue. Hopefully with Victory being dead a replacement fob for my system, if needed, will go easier. I really love using the system. I don't really use it as an alarm. But the keyless ignition part, for me, is simply wonderful.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
A lot of alarms bike and car do have something to disable ignition but it should reset when you disable the alarm.

I think one of the Scorpio even advertises killing ignition from remote.

I guess if it happens again that would be where to look. See if you can find the install manual online so you know what part to inspect / replace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts