Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's,

After reading alot of threads on this subject the views of most people have led me believe that the Mustang Seat is the best option for comfort however the stumbling block is the width of the seat seems to be to much if you want to keep the dynamics of the bike in check.

So i thought i would ask if anyone has purchased the AMS Gel Pads
and how they perform.

The reason for this was that i could throw on one while i ride a long trip and take it off around town hoping to get the best of two worlds.

Any body with any news ?

Cheers
AL

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I bought a couple of the gel pads for my previous bike, a Honda ST1300. They helped there, but, when I tried them on my vision, the standard seat was much better without them.

YMMV, just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Personally I use the Air Hawk cushion. The gel seats didn't really make that much of a difference for me. The Air Hawk uses air cells that adapt as your body moves. The thing is, you really don't want to put a lot of air into it or you lose the benefit. If you just slightly inflate the cells it seems to work just fine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys,:)

Can you tell me what thickness you used (3/8 or 3/4 inch Gel pads)?

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx Bob for the neoprene tip.

I have decided to cut out the foam in the seat and install a neoprene base with 3/4 inch Gel and neoprene top with smoothing foam and re staple the cover.

It's all guess work after i have read all the threads and web sites on this so here goes for something different with a mix of everyones opinions.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
70 Posts
Al,
I bought the Air hawk and am now selling it.
It's the new you with a chamber in the center for your balls and large stuff.
It's real nice.
I rode it for about 1000 miles on a trip.
I then bought the Victory touring solo seat and love it.
I've put, oh about 6,000 miles on this seat and it ain't coming off my bike.
So, if you want a deal on the airhawk let me know. It works well.
I'm selling soon so give me a shout if you want to try it.
Take care,
ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts