Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all is included with the Stage 1 exhaust. Is it just Performance mufflers and the performance air filter or is there more to it? The reason I ask is that I am bidding on the stage one mufflers on ebay.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
The "package" should also include the flash card for updating the ECM. You will be re-using the stock heat shields.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "package" should also include the flash card for updating the ECM. You will be re-using the stock heat shields.
I don't think he has the flash card. Can it still be flashed by the dealer? or can I buy a flash card from the dealer?

I don't want to buy the mufflers if there is no way to update the ECU. I can always get the HP filter separately.

BTW, Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Vic Dealers can do the ECU flash, if pre 08 ish the 05 drag map seems to be the one, if later (closed loop with O2 sensors) just the stage 1 map does it. You do need this to prevent it running lean.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vic Dealers can do the ECU flash, if pre 08 ish the 05 drag map seems to be the one, if later (closed loop with O2 sensors) just the stage 1 map does it. You do need this to prevent it running lean.
Thanks Ed, I kinda figured a dealer could do the flash. I'll just bet they'll charge me double since I'm not buying the kit from them:rolleyes:

·
Registered
142 Posts
When you buy the stage 1 it usually includes the pipes, filter and ECU flash. I think there is a fixed price for the flash from Vic dealers but always worth shopping around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts